Direct action bearcat or OPS rapid responder plate carrier?

GothicGhost

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Both look good but it hard to find any reviews about them in english  hard to tell.

OPS about £145 plus need mag pouch +£34

https://www.ur-tactical.com/product/rapid-responder-armor-plate-carrier/

OPSMC.thumb.jpg.c9736eda0454de7d0451c9188796a394.jpg

Bearcat about £200 everything I need plus maybe duty fees on top  (still working this part out )

https://eu.directactiongear.com/en/bearcat-ultralight-plate-carrier.html#CBR

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.9f75721b73c43135eea03d9fac2a7053.png

My only concern with the Bearcat one is it's made of softshell fabric and laser cut laminate.

Not sure how well the softshell would hold up after a while going through bushes lol.

But looks more breathable than the OPS I think.

Edited by GothicGhost

• Supporters

I have no direct experience of either but I do have the OPS ADVANCED MODULAR PLATE CARRIER SYSTEM and I can attest to the quality of it. It's a shame the new one doesn't come with all the buckles etc for using placards though. The AMPCS does (it also comes with a blank MOLLE panel and all the straps you'd need to run it as a leg rig!).

Direct Action are the parent company for Helikon so again, no issues with quality. Someone else on here has just bought the Bearcat one so maybe wait and see what they think of it?

EDIT - hang on, wasn't it you that's just ordered the DA carrier?

I have not ordered yet just checking both out before buying :D

I did make another post on the  Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

As I don't know how much I would be hit with import fees on the bearcat one as OPS has a UK retailer who can order in.

Edited by GothicGhost

• Supporters
Just now, GothicGhost said:

I have not ordered yet just checking both out before buying :D

Ah, gotcha!

Shame that Hueys don't have the RRAPC in stock, then you'd save on import duty and you can get discount codes from the likes of THG.

I’ve not got any experience with either but that bearcat does look very appealing 😁 I run a WAS carrier and love it 

38 minutes ago, Joe142 said:

I’ve not got any experience with either but that bearcat does look very appealing 😁 I run a WAS carrier and love it 

Warrior assault systems look awesome as well :D

6 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Warrior assault systems look awesome as well :D

They’re awesome tbh, a lot of people knock them from what I’ve read but I’ve never had any issues at all, I run them with the travail plates and it’s absolutely bomb proof 😁

15 hours ago, Joe142 said:

They’re awesome tbh, a lot of people knock them from what I’ve read but I’ve never had any issues at all, I run them with the travail plates and it’s absolutely bomb proof 😁

They look great for the money, I would buy one if they had the camo I liked lol

6 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

They look great for the money, I would buy one if they had the camo I liked lol

Yeahhh unfortunately that’s the only downfall of WAS, it’s either multicam, tan, OD or black and that’s about it 😂 luckily I’m a multiglam guy so works well for me 😉😂😂

Colour choice is limited with the warrior kit, but there seems to be a few atacs fg dcs rigs for sale recently, which might be more to your camo choice.

I run a warrior recon carrier but use quite a few ops bits and bobs, mostly pouches, and they have been great quality wise,

• Supporters

Good softshell fabric is bloody invincible, I once trampled *in to* a fat reel of barbed wire (i.e. I was stood in the middle of a literal doughnut of death) that was laying on its' side in some woods (fogged goggles) wearing PCU L5 i.e. softshell trousers, couldn't even see any holes afterwards, apart from a few little ones in my ankles.

OPS is decent stuff, but it's airsoft kit whereas DA is real kit and it is just better overall; to put it very overly-simply.  Is it a pencott pattern you're after or US woodland?

• Supporters

I'd go DA myself as I say, but check out Templars Gear too for their options and Begadi:

https://www.begadi.com/outdoor/plate-carriers/begadi-value-plattentraeger-plate-carrier-set-mit-5-taschen-pencott-greenzone.html

Breathability will be 98% the same with any of these options because PCs are 0% breathable so if the surface area is the same between 2 designs the amount of sweat you can evaporate will be the same.  A spacer mesh lining is nice if you find one with that, but it's not a game changer.  That said actually, the DA rig with hollow fake plates will be better than the others if you cut a load of holes in said fake hollow plate.

11 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I'd go DA myself as I say, but check out Templars Gear too for their options and Begadi:

https://www.begadi.com/outdoor/plate-carriers/begadi-value-plattentraeger-plate-carrier-set-mit-5-taschen-pencott-greenzone.html

Breathability will be 98% the same with any of these options because PCs are 0% breathable so if the surface area is the same between 2 designs the amount of sweat you can evaporate will be the same.  A spacer mesh lining is nice if you find one with that, but it's not a game changer.  That said actually, the DA rig with hollow fake plates will be better than the others if you cut a load of holes in said fake hollow plate.

Thanks I wil take look Templars Gear and Begadi ones.

I never thought to put holes in the fake plates, thats a good idea.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.