Own a Few Pistols but What's the Best Way to Maintain Them?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there people.

Do forgive me for the rather noobish question but when it comes to maintaining pistols, what are some do's and dont's? A few of them need a bit of lubing up but I'm unsure how to proceed and yes, I wish I could have formulated that sentence better!

Also, should I keep every magazine I have filled with gas or no? If there are any guides or videos worth checking out, I'd love to watch them!

Also, which lubrication is best to use for airsoft guns and which parts need to be lubricated to keep weapons working well?

Any help would be fantastic, thanks everyone!

Hi there 👋

After each game I strip my guns down and clean barrel and using soft bristle half inch paint brush get all the dust and grit out that gets in the gun. Then spray some dry lube on slide. It's just a basic job but keeps it ready for next game. 

You tube will have plenty of airsoft pistol maintenance.

Oh yeah I keep gas in my mags. 👍

Regards 

1 minute ago, Shamal said:

Hi there 👋

After each game I strip my guns down and clean barrel and using soft bristle half inch paint brush get all the dust and grit out that gets in the gun. Then spray some dry lube on slide. It's just a basic job but keeps it ready for next game. 

You tube will have plenty of airsoft pistol maintenance.

Oh yeah I keep gas in my mags. 👍

Regards 

All the guns are completely clean! So would the slide be the only place that's needs some dry lube or should be looking elsewhere as well?

Also, is keeping every magazine filled with gas safe?

If you have some light machine oil then a drop on any moving parts won't hurt. the thing is that if its all oiled up too much then that will encourage dust and grit to stick to moving parts. 

Someone may give you info on specific brands and types of lube but I just tend to use light oil sparingly and that keeps em sweet.

Yes  keeping mags gassed is safe just don't leave them in direct sunlight on a blistering day. Lol

All mine

are always gassed and in my 5.11 gun bag.👍

Edited by Shamal
Spelin

I use silicone grease on the slide and spring guide.  A small amount of silicone oil on all moving parts.

Mags do need green gas but not pure propane.  (Check them every month or so as they may lose gas slowly)

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

for gg mags keep them gassed, all of the time, maintenance gas if you're feeling fancy/are going for longer term storage.

barrel cleaning- same routine as the rest of the collection a good swab before every game day.

general cleaning, dirt/grit in the mechanism is not good. how much to clean (ie just pulling the slide or a full teardown) will depend on how dirty it is.

lubrication, bit of silicone on anywhere with seals, no need to drown it just a light spray. you want to avoid using anything heavy like thick oils or grease as if it doesn't gunk up the mechanism on its own it will once some dirt gets in.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.