Market Leading Hi Cap M4 Mags?

dagga333

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been so long since I needed new mags I thought I would ask if there were any market leading hi cap mags, I'm currently running the G&P PTS Mags but they are now discontinued and not available in black. will need to keep up with a good ROF

AEG's i run are an Ares Octarms M4 & a custom build using a E&C/Specna arms receiver & a Custom Dboys KAC PDW DSG. 

Not really a thing as there is no make of mag that feeds in everything. I personally like lonex flash mags (much less grief winding wise) but all I can say it they feed in a TM recoil scar.

As BigStew said, its a case of trial and error to find the best mag for your gun.  Most should work but some will be better than others in your particular guns.

41 minutes ago, BigStew said:

....I personally like lonex flash mags (much less grief winding wise) but all I can say it they feed in a TM recoil scar.

Funnily enough I just got my first flash mag with my Lonex gun but its doesn't work.

After firing a few rounds it just unwinds itself.

I'll have to open it up to have a look if there's anything obvious I can fix.

Do you know what to look for?

Edited by EDcase

Lonex Flash mags are my go to. Highly recommended and work with almost anything (Stupid ARX160)

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

As BigStew said, its a case of trial and error to find the best mag for your gun.  Most should work but some will be better than others in your particular guns.

Funnily enough I just got my first flash mag with my Lonex gun but its doesn't work.

After firing a few rounds it just unwinds itself.

I'll have to open it up to have a look if there's anything obvious I can fix.

Do you know what to look for?

Sorry no never had any issues and I went back to mid caps after look down. If any thing like other high caps sounds like a jam in the mech BB or bit of twig.

Lonex Flash Mags for me too, go for metal ones, they are a hair heavier but they are compatible with a wider range of guns (the fancy polymer ones don't fit Ares polymer receivers and need sanding).

Just be aware that the newer ones seem to have QC issues regarding the small anti reversal spring that keeps the mechanism from unwinding!

Especially on the polymers, at least one dies every Sunday (touch wood, mine are now 6 years old and they are still going strong, despite the abuse).

22 hours ago, EDcase said:

OK thanks, I'll open it up sometime.

Check the anti reversal spring, it might have snapped.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.