Anyone Have Any Experience With Bolt Ak's? or Can You Recommend Me a Decent Recoil Rif)

cropzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have cancelled my order for the TM NGRS AK storm as the seller has fucked me around and still not dispatched it after 12 days.

So I am now looking for an AK platform prefrably that is somewhat realistic. Recoil and bolt stop would be nice. However recoil is the main thing. I want it to be good out the box and have good QC. Now the BOLT AK's have insane recoil but I have heard the QC leaves a lot to be desired....

Currently looking at maybe GHK AK's but I am not sure.

There is so little choice compared to the AR/M4 platform.

I wouldn't mind some other suggestions. I would love a modify pp2000 but I don't know if the fixed batch has arrived yet at UK suppliers.

1 hour ago, cropzy said:

I have cancelled my order for the TM NGRS AK storm as the seller has fucked me around and still not dispatched it after 12 days.

So I am now looking for an AK platform prefrably that is somewhat realistic. Recoil and bolt stop would be nice. However recoil is the main thing. I want it to be good out the box and have good QC. Now the BOLT AK's have insane recoil but I have heard the QC leaves a lot to be desired....

Currently looking at maybe GHK AK's but I am not sure.

There is so little choice compared to the AR/M4 platform.

I wouldn't mind some other suggestions. I would love a modify pp2000 but I don't know if the fixed batch has arrived yet at UK suppliers.

What about the tm recoil ak74su in these very classifieds?

I had a bolt recoil and it was perfectly acceptable. No bolt stop function which is why I moved to tm recoil.

I keep resisting the temptation to move to an mws. If they bring out an urgi that is the same as the new recoil then that might be the push I need but I’m not sure 

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

The KWA Recoil AK is nice and shoots well, basically a copy of the TM.  TBH just buy a GHK AK, they have their quirks but once running are awesome.

1 hour ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

What about the tm recoil ak74su in these very classifieds?

I had a bolt recoil and it was perfectly acceptable. No bolt stop function which is why I moved to tm recoil.

I keep resisting the temptation to move to an mws. If they bring out an urgi that is the same as the new recoil then that might be the push I need but I’m not sure 

I am waiting for my refund to come through. I will probs pick it up however I would like one with modern furntire for a dbal and a grip etc.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

The KWA Recoil AK is nice and shoots well, basically a copy of the TM.  TBH just buy a GHK AK, they have their quirks but once running are awesome.

I have heard very bad things about it. USairsoft slated it so hard.

GHK is cool and all but the mag prices really put me off.

• Supporters

I’d say just get a TM recoil(I have 2 AK’s at the moment but have had 4 in total) and just stick some new furniture on it , when you come down to it they are the text book example of you get what you pay for ? 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, cropzy said:

I am waiting for my refund to come through. I will probs pick it up however I would like one with modern furntire for a dbal and a grip etc.

I have heard very bad things about it. USairsoft slated it so hard.

GHK is cool and all but the mag prices really put me off.

USAirsoft is not the most unbiased guy, but Im not saying he isnt wrong as I have no experience there. I second (or third, or fourth whatever) the TM NGRSs. In my opinion nothing is better out of the box. Add in the fact that Titan is starting to support them, their ability to use AEG mags at the expense of bolt catch (they come with an adapter), not having to deal with gas, etc makes them a clear winner to me. Im not sure, however, of your options to make an AK102 or whatever modern AK you want with them - my Type 3 AK seems pretty proprietary when it comes to the handguard though I do believe LCT AK upper handguards may work. We managed to get one on it but it wont make battery changes very easy. The Type 3 in particular also lacks the standard side sight mount. However it fits real steel rear sight mounts just fine, so I got one to replace my rear sight with a small rail and now Im happy with it (wanted to keep the classic look, but add a small red dot only).

Never had an issue with my KWA AK Recoil, only sold it to buy my GHK.   Yep, mags are expensive but any GBBR mags are and to be honest it cant be beat.  1 game with a decent GBBR and you won't want to go back to AEGs.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.