Lct Ak-74 Ebb Rifle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello!

I'm wanting to buy a nice AK that goes with the rest of my Russian kit. I originally wanted to go for a GHK AK-74 from SWIT Airsoft but they ship literally everywhere but to the country I live in. (Not the UK). So I'm essentially limited to AEGs, and have my eyes set on the EBB AK-74 by LCT. I heard good things about LCT externals and general quality, but bad things about EBB guns in general. Are the new LCT recoil systems better? I really want that kick from a blowback system, and since a GHK is sadly unobtainable for the foreseeable future, EBB seems to be the only solution. However, I still got a non-blowback standard AEG as a Plan B. Of course, if anyone knows a place where I can buy a full auto GHK AK-74 that ships to Luxembourg, that would be great, but I didn't find any. 

In short, I'm split between the LCT TX-63:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/eu/lct-tx-63-aeg-rifle

and the LCT AK-74

https://gunfire.com/en/products/lck74-ebb-carbine-replica-1152224067.html

or AKS-74U

https://gunfire.com/en/products/lck74-ebb-carbine-replica-1152224067.html

On another note, can slings be attached to AKS-74Us like the one above? It seems to only have 1 attachment point. 

I don't know about either one but when I searched for EBB on YT lots of videos come up about the Bolt so thought it would be worth you looking at.

From what I've seen the Bolt has more recoil effect but you can only get the AKSU74 I think.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Panzerzwerg said:

On another note, can slings be attached to AKS-74Us like the one above? It seems to only have 1 attachment point. 

yes, there's a little loop build into the left side of the front sight block for the standard pattern ak slings.

36 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Look into BOLT EBB AKs

beautiful guns them, supposedly a bear to work on but good strong recoil.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yes, there's a little loop build into the left side of the front sight block for the standard pattern ak slings.

beautiful guns them, supposedly a bear to work on but good strong recoil.

I had a look around regarding BOLT AKs, and the only one there seems to be is the AKS-74U. I found one on gunfire but it comes with a shitty 600 rnd Hi-Cap. Reviews I've seen say that the recoil, while marginally stronger than that of an LCT, is more of a gimmick at that point and that it doesn't make up for bad internal build quality and terrible tolerances. 

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

I had a look around regarding BOLT AKs, and the only one there seems to be is the AKS-74U. I found one on gunfire but it comes with a shitty 600 rnd Hi-Cap. Reviews I've seen say that the recoil, while marginally stronger than that of an LCT, is more of a gimmick at that point and that it doesn't make up for bad internal build quality and terrible tolerances. 

yeah afaik they only do the one model. never really cared about what mag a gun comes with.

from what i've heard the earlier models had a habit of shaking themselves apart which they fixed by just putting the mega threadlock on everything.

tbh, i wouldn't say lct's internal quality is all that good either, passable but not as good as you'd want given the cost.

Based on what I've read I'd avoid the LCT EBB guns. From all the reviews and feedback seen (one of the best examples being from Tom at Anvil Airsoft) the LCT AK EBB's seem to smash themselves to bits. They were meant to be resolving this "problem" but by all accounts they still destroy their own internals from the physical stress of the EBB system.

At the moment a considerable number of international airsoft companies are still refusing to ship to the UK. If you're willing to be patient I'd strongly recommend going down the GHK route. If you're unable/unwilling to wait then I'd strongly suggest just getting a normal (non-ebb) AK.

No EBB is not even close to a full GBB experiance if you buy one under that premise then no matter what you get you will unfortunately end up disappointed.

Have you tried boomarms.com?

They have a couple of varients of the ghk ak in stock.

I just checked and it appears they do ship R.I.F to Luxembourg.

1 hour ago, Mad-Al said:

No EBB is not even close to a full GBB experiance if you buy one under that premise then no matter what you get you will unfortunately end up disappointed.

Have you tried boomarms.com?

They have a couple of varients of the ghk ak in stock.

I just checked and it appears they do ship R.I.F to Luxembourg.

Yeah, I had a look and they only have the AKM and AKMS variants, not the 74s I'm looking for. Also that is one ancient website, not only might these products be almost 15 years old, but also they probably just haven't updated the website to reflect COVID changes or anything. 

2 hours ago, Mad-Al said:

No EBB is not even close to a full GBB experiance...

I have to disagree with that statement 🤔

I got a Lonex BAW recently and I can compare with my three GBBRs

Its a bit different feeling of course but the kick is pretty close to that of a GBBR.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Armo1000 said:

LCT have a great rep at making the best AKs in the Airsoft market both internally and externally, so you probably cant go wrong with them.

can't say i agree with that statement

one i had was woeful internally and the externals weren't as nice as the stuff e&l is putting out these days.

and that's before you even mention RS.....

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

can't say i agree with that statement

one i had was woeful internally and the externals weren't as nice as the stuff e&l is putting out these days.

and that's before you even mention RS.....

Really, that sucks to hear for you, but i only ever seem to hear people saying the opposite, singing the praises of LCT and saying that E&L are the inferior AKs 🤷‍♂️ . 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Armo1000 said:

Really, that sucks to hear for you, but i only ever seem to hear people saying the opposite, singing the praises of LCT and saying that E&L are the inferior AKs 🤷‍♂️ . 

there's camps on both sides, which is why i ended up getting one. but it seems nuprols influence has screwed them over somewhat.

but if you want a side to side comparison have a look here:

They both have (and continue to have) their fair share of issues, airsoft QC isn't amazing at the best of times. I own an LCT 74u and it is solid, no issues internally or externally since purchased in 2018. I've also got a GHK 74u I purchased second hand some time back (based on LCT manufactured bodies from what I remember) and also no issues with the externals there.

A lot of the LCT issues may indeed come from the fact Nuprol is now the middle man. Potentially forcing numbers out of them, rushing stuff so much that QC has taken even more of a hit in what was already spotty but that's guesswork on my part (though I wouldn't put it past Nuprol). One thing for certain is they've deffo hiked the price for LCTs, E&L at the current moment is what I'd go for on that one reason alone (unless you're after a vityaz or other model specific to LCT) as certain variants you can find on offer at great prices.

EBB is all well and good, but I personally wouldn't bother as it's extra stress on the box and faff if something does go wrong. Also, even if you do get some resemblence of kick it still sounds like you're slapping tinfoil with a paperclip.

Edited by Shaydee

I did find an in stock GHK AK-74 on surplusstore, but they ship only within the UK. I do have some contacts however that could theoretically receive it (I buy it and have it shipped to them) and then they send it further over to me in Luxembourg. Is something like that legal/doable/possible? Regarding Airsoft laws in Luxembourg, there shouldn't be any issues, anything between 0,5 and 7,5 joules is perfectly ok to own over 18. 

Also, is the UKARA number still required even if I, the buyer and then owner of the RIF is A) not british, B) doesn't live in Britain and C) doesn't play on UK playgrounds?

Edited by Panzerzwerg

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

A lot of the LCT issues may indeed come from the fact Nuprol is now the middle man. Potentially forcing numbers out of them, rushing stuff so much that QC has taken even more of a hit in what was already spotty but that's guesswork on my part

also possible nuprol has pulled a "you're using these suppliers for stuff now because we have a big contract with them"

I've also got a GHK 74u I purchased second hand some time back (based on LCT manufactured bodies from what I remember) and also no issues with the externals there.

always a point of confusion, i always thought ghk bodies were e&l oem, i'm pretty damn sure e&l are doing the bodyshells for bolt's stuff.

edit: looking into it think maybe i'm wrong on that point.

E&L at the current moment is what I'd go for on that one reason alone (unless you're after a vityaz or other model specific to LCT)

that's pretty much how i'd sum it up atm- if e&l does it buy that, if e&l doesn't do it then sure go lct.

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

also possible nuprol has pulled a "you're using these suppliers for stuff now because we have a big contract with them"

Yeah very possible. I wish they didn't taint everything they touch. Oh well, only thing I buy that's Nuprol on the semi regular is gas 😅

With this whole debate of an EBB AK.

My 2 cents. I have been researching this pretty hardcore for the past few days as I am after a recoil AK but not gas or HPA (been there done that cba anymore). I came to the conclusion and pulled the trigger on a TM NGRS Delta Storm AK.

LCT EBB. Externals are great. Internals are eh... Their EBB's aren't that great.
KWA EBB. Shit. Jams often. Poor internal QC. Watch USairsofts review
BOLT AK74. Amazing recoil. Very strong. Let down by very poor QC and the guns are prone to shaking themselves apart.
TM Recoil. It's a TM, they are tried and tested. Good stuff.
JG recoil. The recoil is pathetic. Nice and cheap though. Not much else to say.

2 hours ago, Panzerzwerg said:

Do they have any wood/steel AKs?

The newer gens are steel/alu. Wood is fake.

1 hour ago, Panzerzwerg said:

Also how do the WE GBB AK's compare to the GHK ones?

Don't even bother. The only good WE GBB is p22g, the glocks and the MP5

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.