Looking for Some Help With Slings Please

TommoThomson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking for a single point long for my Krytac PDW, which has a normal stock fitted. 

Also one for my L85 and L86, I've already got a genuine L85 sling but I find it cuts into my neck. 

So I'm thinking of changing it for something else, so if anyone has any suggestions and the links to some good slings can you please let me know. 

Cheers in advance. 

Edited by TommoThomson

• TommoThomson changed the title to Looking for Some Help With Slings Please
Guest Mr. No_Face
1 hour ago, TommoThomson said:

I'm looking for a single point long for my Krytac PDW, which has a normal stock fitted. 

Also one for my L85 and L86, I've already got a genuine L85 sling but I find it cuts into my neck. 

So I'm thinking of changing it for something else, so if anyone has any suggestions and the links to some good slings can you please let me know. 

Cheers in advance. 

Wouldn't this problem be resolved if you route your sling through the shoulders of your plate carrier assuming you're wearing one? The weight is distributed evenly across your shoulders this way. You can save yourself some money this way.

Just a suggestion👍

thumbnail_IMG_1431.thumb.jpg.231119b939ae61997e97423d11c7a7bb.jpg

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Unfortunately not, as the genuine military L85 sling is a two point sling. However it has a clip that let's you have it either close to your body or undone gives you more range of movement. So because of the range of movement I don't think that would work. 

For the M4 it would, but I need to find a nice sling to use first 😁

12 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Wouldn't this problem be resolved if you route your sling through the shoulders of your plate carrier assuming you're wearing one? The weight is distributed evenly across your shoulders this way. You can save yourself some money this way.

Just a suggestion👍

thumbnail_IMG_1431.thumb.jpg.231119b939ae61997e97423d11c7a7bb.jpg

What is this style of sling called mate?

• Supporters
13 hours ago, TommoThomson said:

Cheers in advance. 

What's your budget?

Two point, I'd suggest either the Ferro Slingster or the T-Rex one, for a single point you can't really go wrong with a Magpul MS3 or MS4 (depending on your preferred attachment points) both of which can also double up as a 2 point.

Alternatively you could get a sling catch:

http://madbull.com/catalog/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/a/tactical_sling_catch-12.jpg

That's the Madbul Strike Systems licenced one, but FMA also do them in both plastic and metal versions.

Guest Mr. No_Face
1 hour ago, Mad-Al said:

What is this style of sling called mate?

It's a standard single-point bungee style with shoulder clasps designed for routing.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, TommoThomson said:

I've already got a genuine L85 sling but I find it cuts into my neck. 

When you say it’s cutting in to your neck are you using it like A or B ? The L85 sling was designed to be used like A Left shoulder to Right arm pit/side so ‘shouldn’t’ cut in to your neck .

015EB341-2DE9-48D2-8F4D-67834BCAB604.jpeg

On 26/04/2021 at 12:44, Druid799 said:

When you say it’s cutting in to your neck are you using it like A or B ? The L85 sling was designed to be used like A Left shoulder to Right arm pit/side so ‘shouldn’t’ cut in to your neck .

015EB341-2DE9-48D2-8F4D-67834BCAB604.jpeg

I'm using it as in A, I only just fitted it back to my L85 as it had to be rebuilt as it wasn't well 🤣

The genuine sling is a double point fitted sling, which you can undo the clip and turn it into a sort of single point. I think something like the sling catch Lozart mentioned could be the answer though. 

On 26/04/2021 at 11:45, Lozart said:

What's your budget?

Two point, I'd suggest either the Ferro Slingster or the T-Rex one, for a single point you can't really go wrong with a Magpul MS3 or MS4 (depending on your preferred attachment points) both of which can also double up as a 2 point.

Alternatively you could get a sling catch:

http://madbull.com/catalog/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/a/tactical_sling_catch-12.jpg

That's the Madbul Strike Systems licenced one, but FMA also do them in both plastic and metal versions.

You can get a Slingster rep from Ali for £16 delivered and they are perfect.

I have swapped out my real Magpul MS3 for one and prefer it in every way. 

• Supporters
Just now, Groot said:

You can get a Slingster rep from Ali for £16 delivered and they are perfect.

I have swapped out my real Magpul MS3 for one and prefer it in every way. 

Fair enough, I have two legit Ferro slings - a Slingster that's on my SCAR and one of their old plate carrier single points that they don't make anymore. Linky for the knock off would be nice though...

Ta da 

£12.44  17% Off | FERRO THE SLINGSTER Straps T.REX.ARMS Braces Suspenders SlingGI-3038MC
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOaar3b 

Please consider using my invite code if you order 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mN5tr1X

Edited by Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.