Anyone Competent at Making a Wood Stock?

Cromulon1994

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just looking for someone competent at making wood furniture for a KTW 1873 carbine, that could give me a quote.

Nothing fancy, and I would like to finish it off with oil or varnish ect myself.

I can get a KTW set from japan for roughly £150 all in but if someone wants or would appreciate the work and money that's the sort of ballpark figure I am working with.

Potentially would like another one further down the line with a supplied laminate blank.

As I have never made proper furniture for a rifle before, if this figure is laughably low, then I'll accept that, and will opt for importing some.

You could absolutely buy a dremel and wood carving chisel etc for about £50 and then spend the rest of lockdown making one yourself? 

I don’t have a RIF that I could put wooden furniture on but I think it would be really cool to have something you had done yourself no? And you can learn anything on YouTube (including how to cheat the viewer into thinking every single one your shots lands with a hit marker and a sound effect but that is another story...). 

Let’s face it, what the fuck else is there to do during lockdown? There are only so many CQB drills you can do in the kitchen and scare the shit out of the dog. 

22 minutes ago, DRay said:

You could absolutely buy a dremel and wood carving chisel etc for about £50 and then spend the rest of lockdown making one yourself? 

I don’t have a RIF that I could put wooden furniture on but I think it would be really cool to have something you had done yourself no? And you can learn anything on YouTube (including how to cheat the viewer into thinking every single one your shots lands with a hit marker and a sound effect but that is another story...). 

Let’s face it, what the fuck else is there to do during lockdown? There are only so many CQB drills you can do in the kitchen and scare the shit out of the dog. 

Working a full time job and trying to get a small business off the ground, and not wanting wood dust where I have my motorcycles is the limiting factor. 

Otherwise I would totally have at it.

That sounds like an excuse to buy another shed/workshop/place to hide your purchases from the wife to be honest mate....

12 hours ago, DRay said:

That sounds like an excuse to buy another shed/workshop/place to hide your purchases from the wife to be honest mate....

I don't need to hide anything, she's a  good un.

That's being built.

That was a great festival for those of us that went.

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.