Cybergun M249 Mosfet Advice - V2 Gearbox

Adenley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I Luckily won a brand new M249 in the Raffle at my local site last weekend. Its the Cybergun Para M249 Featherweight which uses a Version 2 gearbox. 

I run titan batteries in my guns and wanted to put a basic mosfet capable of debouncing, active breaking and just protecting the trigger contacts. 

I was thinking of fitting a GATE NanoHard 3rd Gen mosfet as this is a simple non programmable unit. Link to specifications https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gate-nanohard-3rd-gen-multifunction-aeg-controller

However being a support gun which is capable of full auto only and is to be used in short burst or full auto constantly, would this actually be a good idea or will there be issues/consequences over time and put strain on the mosfet?

I've seen lots of people saying that the V2 gearbox is not the best for these guns but as it was free i cant complain so i might as well make the most of it.  

Any help or experience will be greatly appreciated

There is no need to have AB on that thing to be honest :)

I have a NanoHard in my E&L 74u, works flawlessly and the good part is that I can swap it with the Warfet on my 933 and NanoASR (this one bought solely as a backup in case one of the other two shits the bed) without cracking the box open :D mind you I mostly play in full auto :)

Go on and install it, just set the battery protection to whatever voltage you use and have fun :)

• Supporters

If you don't want the active braking, I'd go for the Nano ASR instead.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

the only thing i could say against this is afaik the nanoasr doesn't have battery protection.

but yes i am a fan of the nanoasr for the cheap and cheerful "stop you arc welding the contacts together" role.

Legends, thanks for all your advice guys 

56 minutes ago, Skara said:

There is no need to have AB on that thing to be honest :)

I have a NanoHard in my E&L 74u, works flawlessly and the good part is that I can swap it with the Warfet on my 933 and NanoASR (this one bought solely as a backup in case one of the other two shits the bed) without cracking the box open :D mind you I mostly play in full auto :)

Go on and install it, just set the battery protection to whatever voltage you use and have fun :)

Sounds like all the convincing i need, love the spirit! 

37 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the only thing i could say against this is afaik the nanoasr doesn't have battery protection.

https://www.gatee.eu/nanoasr

correct, it doesn't have AB :)

42 minutes ago, Lozart said:

It doesn't have any sort of battery protection, though.

NanoHARD is only a smidge more expensive, worth it considering the extra features :)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Skara said:

It doesn't have any sort of battery protection, though.

And? Get a decent battery, if it's not big enough for the whole day, get two. Job done. Plus he's using Titan batteries so it's even less of an issue.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Lozart said:

And? Get a decent battery, if it's not big enough for the whole day, get two. Job done. Plus he's using Titan batteries so it's even less of an issue.

it's how i do it, just be really careful about listening to your gun and knowing when to stop firing if it's starting to sound sluggish rather than just hammering the trigger till it's dead.

ofc as @Skara says if the nanohard isn't much more money and does do battery protection then happy days.

I remember paying something like €30 for the nanohard and 20 for the nanoasr, it's 50% more expensive but we aren't talking €50+ more expensive :D

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Skara said:

I remember paying something like €30 for the nanohard and 20 for the nanoasr, it's 50% more expensive but we aren't talking €50+ more expensive :D

yeah, and battery cutoff might be handy if you ever want to loan it out, although i just shout at people when lending them guns not to keep firing when it starts to die.

To be honest looking at the specifications on both, the NanoHard gives you a few more options and only cost about a tenner more. 

my Titan 7.4v 3000 mah starts the day off at 8.3v and after 3-4000 rounds finishes up with around 7.9v left in the bank. I know some people have some issues with the Li-ion world but honestly for a £35 battery i would argue that it was a great investment 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.