Scorpion Evo Needs Some Work

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have had my Scorpion Evo since early 2018 and have used it a lot. Its totally stock on the inside and I have never had it open or serviced etc.

Yesterday at a game it suddenly didnt sound right, it was very muffled. I took it back to safe zone and was test firing it and it started sounding fine again, I switched to my other gun and left it.

It still sounds normal (as it did before the muffled shots) I dont know what caused the sound, I have no clue with these things.

But I feel it needs a service now at the very least. It has had a lot of use and no maintenance to speak of. I figured while it was open it might be wise to swap out some of the older used parts for some new ones.

My main questions are?

1) Is it worth just sending it to JD for an Evotek swap out? Everything is done in one place with a warranty, nice and easy but fairly costly.

or

2) should I speak to another tech and recommend they swap certain parts, if so what parts?

3) if so can anyone recommend a tech for this?

I thought some kind of jam too. The barrel has not been cleaned in a while in all honesty.

I would still like to explore some upgrade options too though.

Hi @Albiscuit, they are undeed good OOTB but there are some minor tweaks can be done.

The fire selector can be improved for more tactile operation.

Mosfet / switchpack upgraded to latest spec which is much more robust.

The standard shimming can be improved on.

The standard air seals can be improved for more consistency.

Things generally smoothed inside.

Hop unit spaced back for better seal and less chance of mid feed.

Cheers, 

I know its great out of the box, and it was. But a few years of heavy use has had it underperform a little. The issue on sunday was a little worrying and I figured once its open I might as well swap out some old parts for shiny new ones as I know it does take upgrades really well. I have seen some really good builds and all of my guns are still stock so am keen to have one thats been built to be a beast. 

Hi , there’s an evo owners group on Facebook that’s great for most information you’ll need plus there’s a lad on there called Simon Moore who regarded as the guru when it comes to upgrades , with regards to jd’s upgrade package I had my bet done with the top upgrade package they do within the first twelve months it had to go back three times due to different things breaking , wether it was down to faulty parts or bad workmanship is open to debate but I wouldn’t ever go to jd for tech work on any of my rifs again , on a side note since the last time it was fixed it’s been fine and it’s definitely worth looking at upgrading the evo

I have been advised to steer clear of JD and find and talk to Simon Moore too ;)  but thanks.

Just need to start a FB account now to find him lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.