Clone Vortex Sparc AR Initial Impressions

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I posted this in the just bought thread, I thought I should say something about it.

First, excellent quality for a clone, nicely machined with a nice hard finish to the coating, snug fitting rubber cover, all correct trades.

It has almost zero parallax error as well as a nice, sharp, adjustable brightness dot.

Three main differences to the real thing.

First, finish is satin rather than matt black, second, the rubber cover has the mounting straps for the lens covers in the wrong place and third the mounting screw should be an M3 Torx and it’s an M2.5 Allen head.

All in, $51, it’s a bargain, but a two month wait from Aliexpress 

Last thing, I’m going to scratch the work Fake Into the bottom layer, I don’t want anyone selling it on, if I sell it, as the real thing👍🏻

88D1CE37-762E-4330-B5FF-DAF9225FD472.thumb.jpeg.f964b0570c245b101e5b7dd8c3a0ba6b.jpegD618DDE1-3B0C-4404-BB34-FA2DB7404998.thumb.jpeg.25407c5ca5d2f6a68c6ea3df3fff40e4.jpegFC855490-3775-4318-AD42-7577E35E662C.thumb.jpeg.0b43de1faef0e36deb98145fdf912145.jpeg

Glad for your sake that it's turned out to be a decent optic, but these high quality clones definitely make me less and less likely to purchase second hand optics! Feels like it's getting so much easier to get caught out if you're not 100% certain on what you're looking for to verify authenticity.

7 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Glad for your sake that it's turned out to be a decent optic, but these high quality clones definitely make me less and less likely to purchase second hand optics! Feels like it's getting so much easier to get caught out if you're not 100% certain on what you're looking for to verify authenticity.

Agreed

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, ginger colin said:

Hi just found your October post.... all good... cheers.... 

October 2020 lol, AliExpress will have improved by now 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.