Nuprol Pioneer Defender Upgrades

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Well, i am unable to test it tonight, a tiny spring on the side of the gearbox just went spinging off into the carpet after i accidentally caught it ...   4 hours of searching and i still cant find it. Nor could i find a suitable replacement anywhere in my house.

A big magnet on a stick is your friend - Saved me a few times when tiny metal screws and springs are lost in the abyss of my living room carpet.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

a tiny spring on the side of the gearbox just went spinging off into the carpet after i accidentally caught it

The selector plate to cut off lever spring?  Little sods, I'm just after losing one.  Yup, magnets, magnets, magnets.

And again, they're not a standard size.  I bought a spring set but both of the included springs were too large.  In the end, I had to go to https://springsandthings.me.uk/ although it seems the spring from inside a wheel-spark lighter might work.

Thread with links and sizes:

On 18/08/2020 at 21:16, Spartan09 said:

20200818_205009.jpg

Here's some of my observations since I've been working to get my own springs made.

Some of the cheaper Chinese brands will use shorter linear springs because they're less prone to lose force / power over time.  Generally they use slightly thicker wire as well, 1.4mm and maybe aren't tempered.  This means they can produce a slightly more reliable spring with much cheaper grade wire.  An Airsoft spring compresses down to around 60mm.  The mid-range springs will generally lose between 5 and 10% power after the first 1000 cycles. 

The real decent springs use high-grade steel.  The new ones I've got in the pipeline use Japanese valve spring steel designed to keep their shape and length under high load and temperature.  So far in testing the M110 it hasn't lost any length, pretty impressive steel.

3 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

The real decent springs use high-grade steel.  The new ones I've got in the pipeline use Japanese valve spring steel designed to keep their shape and length under high load and temperature.  So far in testing the M110 it hasn't lost any length, pretty impressive steel.

Please tell me you will be doing an M90 and where can I pre-order?

5 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Please tell me you will be doing an M90 and where can I pre-order?

Yep doing a M90 but it's slightly behind the others at the moment as the M90 will probably need to use 1.3mm wire as M100 - M120 will use 1.4mm

• 2 weeks later...

Oops..   forgot to update here...  

Rechronoed the gun, and with m105 spring i was getting around 300fps on .2s, but had a few shots reach approx 330fps.

Going to take it to duty calls tomorrow along with tools and m100 and original springs...  will see what happens on the day. (Will be taking my other guns as backups as well 😃 )

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.