Aac T10/Mk23 Build - Ex Srs or Vsr?

MiK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 03/09/2020 at 20:03, MiK said:

white “pokey nozzle” on it ?

It's called an airbrake and you should leave it on as it helps a lot in reducing the sound signature.

Ok done the install - wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be - just really took my time.

I did some Chrono on .2’s and .4’s I haven’t adjusted the hop yet - just wanted to see what was what - there’s some variation in FPS tho ( I had changed to .4’s on the chrono just forgot to change it on the app but the numbers match the chrono) with the variations is that a air leak or just a bedding in thing ?

D011FEDA-50ED-4AAC-9193-2E798C84D88A.jpeg

ABC4DDC6-A8B8-480B-8BBE-E53F2AC3CB5B.jpeg

81802DD7-6357-46D4-8E12-ACB6DA702FAE.jpeg

4ECBBD00-6B5C-436C-A282-4F49A69B48A7.jpeg

C44C068A-01F8-4CF5-ADB9-0ED88A7C4B12.jpeg

F733FEFB-04C1-4C2E-B85F-398286C83264.jpeg

Also the mags a little stiff getting it in - any reasons for that ?

No, it shouldn't vary by more than a few FPS really, so there must be a leak somewhere. 

I'd check the piston & cylinder section first.

Unscrew the outer barrel and take the trigger, receiver & cylinder. Cock it it, then cover up the cylinder head with your thumb or something. 

The piston should stop partway if your seal is good, but if not it'll release all the way. 

If it's bad, fix that then try again until sorted, reassemble & re-chrono to test the consistency. 

If the air seal is good but you're still getting a wide range then look at the hop unit and barrel to fix any leaks there. 

@Hudson Ok I striped that down to trigger/upper/cylinder when I fire I can hear a kind of “faint bubbling” inside of the cylinder - sounds like air is coming out of the middle/back of the cylinder nothing seems to be coming from the nozzle

@Hudson All sorted !!

After stripping it all down and remember that white peg I was asking about yesterday ??
Well it wasn’t tight enough ;) got that sorted had a nice seal and was firing around the 460-465 mark then I tweaked the hop-up a little and it went 472-475  - don’t have any screenies as I did a firmware update when it popped up and I lost everything and now it’s tipping it down so can’t get back out.

But if  it’s nice tomorrow evening I’ll try again and get some numbers for both .2 and .4

/cheers for the pointers 

FWIW don't lube the outside of the cylinder with grease or oil. It will attract grime and dust and just erode away at your cylinder and receiver. The best thing I've found is Muc-Off do a PTFE dry lube product for about £5 which leaves things buttery smooth but is totally dry.

• 9 months later...

Oki doki I am resurrecting my thread.

Since I’m playing again for the first this coming Sunday since I started this project I decided to actually get the T10 set up /slacker

So after getting everything sorted, leaks found and fixed including the white pokey nozzle and slapping a zorbo pad in to quieten down the shot a little on a M130 AA spring I’m getting a constant 455-456 and with a M150 AA spring I’m getting 524-525 on 0.20’s

Now I haven’t really set the hop for the .40’s as I have nowhere long enough to get to on point will my FPS go up or down as I put some hop on for the .40’S ?

Will I need to trim my M150 a loop or two to get it legal or stick with the M130?

I know I should have a Rapax 2J spring but there’s none avail in UK for Sunday.

@Skara @Hudson @Steveocee - suggestions & advice again plz guys ;)

Edited by MiK

Keep the M130, the VSR platform creeps like a motherfucker and with a M150 and 0.4s you'll end up with a terribly hot gun.

Yeah, definitely chrono with your chosen weight before anything. 

I know my T10 is/was coming in around 2.1J on 0.45s last time I checked it at home, but last time I played it was doing 420ish on a 0.2, so there's definitely room for some creeping.

In other news, I ran my T11 at the last game after a rebuild. (tried one of the modify x range buckings with a modify barrel but it was running like trash) 

I put in the previous Lambda 6.05 barrel with a 70° maple leaf MR bucking and ran it all day without problem; didn't set the hop up beyond a quick couple minutes but I was reaching out to 92m consistently so I figured that'd do! 😂 

DSC_0433.JPG

DSC_0431.JPG

I ordered a 70 MR for my t11 too!

The 50 seems fine but given my experience on AEGs I figured I'd give it a go, maybe it'll give me a flatter trajectory.

Will also need to paint mine. I don't like painting guns but I reckon it's the quicker way to not run around in the woods with a big black....stick

Ok so on the results are in AA Hop unit not properly set for 0.40’s

M130 with .40’s = 315-319 ( 20 shots but I did get a 322 & 325 in there )

M150 with .40’s = 451-456 ( 20 shots but again a couple of flyers 472 & 470 & 471 )

Im now wondering if I again have a air leak again somewhere with those couple of flyers but the “thumb on the end” trick the air doesn’t seem to leak, @Steveocee @Skara @Hudson your thoughts 

Flyers could be the bucking bedding in tbf, will likely need 1000 putting through before it settles. Which is a good point, are you measuring FPS with the hopup set to hop correctly?

319 on a 0.4 is equivalent to a 0.2 at 451 so you're not a milion miles off where you need to be.

456 with a 0.4 is equivalent to a 0.2 at 644 so yeah, defo don't be using that......

@Steveocee Yea my hop isn’t set as my garden is only like 40m and “next door opposite” have in lockdown  put up a green house at the bottom so I’m scared to try and track the T10 & sights in and upsetting my usual super placid neighbour :P 

Keep in mind that the MR is known for leaking, personally I haven't noticed anything major but it might be the reason for your fliers.

Yes but I'm pretty sure the issue is in the nozzle/rubber matching. You could somehow fix that by applying some heat shrink to the cylinder head, so that it seals against the hop rubber's lips.

Mind you that this is far from a permanent solution.

It seems to be a MR only issue, decepticon/autobot rubbers are actually fine and seal properly.

Edited by Skara

Oh.

Okay.

Then forget about this conversation :P

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Oh.

Okay.

Then forget about this conversation :P

oki

/wife-is-talking mode enabled

13 hours ago, MiK said:

@Skara it it worth doing a couple of wraps around the bucking with plumbers tape ?

Definitely worth a few wraps of PTFE tape around the bucking. In my experience too little and it won't do the job, too much and you might struggle getting the locking collar to slide inside the hop unit.

2 - 3 nice full wraps around seemed to work best!

I dug my VSR out a few weekends ago after a good few months of solely using and cuddling my MTW. I forgot how much fun it was to snipe! I really must learn to share the love around a little more 😂 Oh and shooting people with my MK23 and them not seeing me from 15 feet away, pure bliss!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.