What Gun?

Krismc4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, Krismc4 said:

When they work yes.

But they wont work more than 50% of the time.

50 minutes ago, Krismc4 said:

I’d recommend taking the question to a separate thread as this one started about gun recommendations

I can’t comment on reusable grenades as to which ones are good.

We are sponsored by Enola Gaye and use theirs - smokes and bangs etc, but they are single use pyrotechnics.

(I can be biased on them with our sponsorship relationship, but I know what to expect from each one and don’t have to worry about finding them again to reload - just to tidy up after the game)

Remember that with reusable ones you need the consumables and to find them after use.  For example with these you use a 12gram co2 sparklet and the plastic outter body per ‘explosion’.  You’re tied into the bodies.

The most common that I have seen in airsoft are the more hefty metal ones containing blanks.

Note that the grenades you’ve highlighted are available from UK retailers, which would save you any importing delays, help with customer support and support UK traders.

17 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

cheapest pistol I would ever recommend is the WE G17 Gen 3, Which is generally available for £99 all over the place. I know a lot of people don’t like WE, but this is a genuinely decent pistol for a secondary, and is a huge upgrade over the two original options.

Yes a TM will out shoot it from the box, but will cost around 40% more and it is pretty easy and cheap to upgrade the WE if you want more performance (obviously you can also upgrade a TM).

How good WE's pistols are seems to depend a lot on the particular model, e.g. their 1911s seem to be quite poor but their M&Ps and Glocks are decent. I have a WE 1911 that's about 14 years old and it's always been plagued with issues and from what I've read it looks like WE's newer production 1911s aren't much better.

Their M&P is good though, or at least the semi-auto only versions are. I've heard about there being problems with the full-auto capable versions, and the earlier production M&Ps also had issues but as they're individually serial numbered it's easy to tell if one's from an early batch.

I don't have as much personal experience with WE's Glocks (I got my G17 not long before the lockdown started so I haven't been able to properly test it yet) but from my limited experience and what others have said about them they are also good.

Of course neither are up to Tokyo Marui standards of quality/build tolerances, but they can be had for around £90-100ish and both offer decent performance and metal slides. Their accuracy is ok OOTB but can be significantly improved by simply using some tape to tighten up the barrels a bit (I'd strongly recommend getting Maple Leaf hop-up upgrades and a better quality barrel as well if budget permits).

2 hours ago, Krismc4 said:

I would not recommend that type as they are quite dangerous and the most expensive to re-use.

For re-usable I would recommend THIS one. But keep in mind that for safety, most sites will require underhand throws not above waist height.

As Tommikka mentioned, the more common type are the Enola Gaye (MK5) cardboard pyro which can be thrown properly.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, EDcase said:

I would not recommend that type as they are quite dangerous and the most expensive to re-use.

i'm not sure i'd describe the thunder b as more dangerous than a bfg or conventional pyro, although you're right it isn't exactly cheap to re-use and it has a nasty habit of just not working.

On 02/05/2020 at 01:24, Asomodai said:

The only pistol worth bothering under 100 in my opinion is the ASG CZ P09 or maybe a WE G17. 

https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/browse-products/airsoft-guns/pistols/asg-cz-p-09-gbb-pistol.html

I have the C02 version of the ASG CZ P09 and it is fantastic. I have run it on both CO2 and Green Gas and it hasn't missed a beat (Don't put CO2 in the green gas only version). The green gas only version as listed above would be a good buy. Accurate, reliable and it can get through about 2.5 mags before you have to re-gas (Unlike the majority of 1911 that struggle to make it through one mag of BBs on a full gas charge)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.