Re usable BFG remote detonator

Cromulon1994
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sat, bored, in a hotel room. 

I've fancied doing something like this for a while, can anyone see any potential issues I may have overlooked? 

Can't see any safety issues myself. 

Have the mechanism already. 

Essentially a remotely operated firing system for an impact BFG

IMG_20191102_200103.jpg

• Supporters

This was discussed many years ago on another forum, so it's a bit foggy, but I do remember there being a major legal issue with "manufacturing explosive triggers", or some similar scenario involving radio/remote trigger units .

Dunno if the legal restraints are the same, or possibly worse given the current climate .

Sorry bud, not intentionally jumping on your posts tonite, but be careful with this one 👍

21 minutes ago, Tackle said:

This was discussed many years ago on another forum, so it's a bit foggy, but I do remember there being a major legal issue with "manufacturing explosive triggers", or some similar scenario involving radio/remote trigger units .

Dunno if the legal restraints are the same, or possibly worse given the current climate .

Sorry bud, not intentionally jumping on your posts tonite, but be careful with this one 👍

No mate I'm open to discussion. Or alternative views, I really like this forum, plenty of genuine debate which is certainly lacking on Facebook forums.

Which is why I haven't built one yet and am chasing ideas. 

same problem ivheard prob people who don't like grenades thrown when you cant see, blindfiring etc... the potential for someones head to be right beside such/ hearing damage specially at any height. also not seeing means you wont see if its a dangerous time for such to fire, in someones face or such, a mask having fallen off. yeas shouldn't happen but how many people ive caught round corders cleaning masks or such or fell off. . probs best placte to ask would be the site ou intend to use such at too...

2 hours ago, remus said:

same problem ivheard prob people who don't like grenades thrown when you cant see, blindfiring etc... the potential for someones head to be right beside such/ hearing damage specially at any height. also not seeing means you wont see if its a dangerous time for such to fire, in someones face or such, a mask having fallen off. yeas shouldn't happen but how many people ive caught round corders cleaning masks or such or fell off. . probs best placte to ask would be the site ou intend to use such at too...

I don't think there's any issue with that, as it wouldn't leave the tube, and would go off at ground level. With the intention of using it line of site anyway tbh. 

I'm going to speak to them Sunday. 

fair enough but I suspect a site has to think whats e likelihood of the worst case scenario in the most muppet ist player likely to end up doing. the sorta hing they have to tell their insurance.  there is remote operated things on the market but ive seen nothing ever used, and I own one of those co2 landmines...

5 minutes ago, remus said:

fair enough but I suspect a site has to think whats e likelihood of the worst case scenario in the most muppet ist player likely to end up doing. the sorta hing they have to tell their insurance.  there is remote operated things on the market but ive seen nothing ever used, and I own one of those co2 landmines...

I've seen those alpha fire remote dets used a fair few times. The charges are just very expensive. 

8 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I've seen those alpha fire remote dets used a fair few times. The charges are just very expensive. 

Remote triggered systems are available for reasonable prices.

Compared to BFGs the systems can be cheaper and consumables at a similar price to BFG consumables

There use however should be with someone who is in control of the area, such as site/event organisers 

Archived