Thoughts on turning Krytac SPR into a DMR?

Albiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so I have a few guns I dont use and I dont really want to sell my SPR and since the closure of Mall I have been playing outdoors a lot. However, I find my play style of being a sneaky feck with my Evo not as effective in some of the sites especially (shock horror) when its more open.

I had a play with someones DMR and was very happy with the range of it and it got me thinking!!

So I basically want to work out if its:

1) worth attempting to turn my Krytac SPR into a DMR (talking about locked to semi, maximum range and accuracy available and as close to a consistent 450fps as possible)

2) achievable to change out parts myself and work through bit by bit or sending it off to a tech somewhere (bare in mind I have almost 0% experience on theinside of a RIF, but am willing to learn and try it myself)

3) not worth it at all and better off selling it and putting the money into something stock

I just wanted thoughts on if it was possible, likely to have the desired results and what sort of stuff I would need/buy to do what I want, I have no set budget but obviously want to keep it reasonable, no gold plated gubbinz just decent quality parts which will do what I need. Also thinking of it as a project so happy to change out bits slowly but also happy to send it to someone who knows what they are doing if someone more educated than me says its going to be a ballache!

Not looking to have my hand held and very happy to research but I know from experience there will be many answers worth a read from peoples experience on here!

*** TL-DR Version

Is it realistic/possible/worth turning an (almost stock) Krytac SPR into a 450fps locked on semi, fast response, accurate, long range DMR?

Is it being a DMR in the real world important? As in, would you want the ability to use this in Milsims? 

If so, I would sell up, by something cheap that is a DMR in RL (JG SL8, Cyma SVU) and upgrade that. 

38 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Is it being a DMR in the real world important? As in, would you want the ability to use this in Milsims? 

If so, I would sell up, by something cheap that is a DMR in RL (JG SL8, Cyma SVU) and upgrade that. 

No not really... My main thought was its a long gun to start with so whack a bipod and decent scope and use it as along rage weapon. But do the internals to match.

I like the M4 platform though in all honesty but like I rambled on above, this thread is more about my thinking out loud and taking on other points of view!

Oh and apologies for not finding you to say goodbye at AP the other day, I got a little frustrated during the last match and went back to the safe zone and my pal had already packed up so we left early!

28 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

No not really... My main thought was its a long gun to start with so whack a bipod and decent scope and use it as along rage weapon. But do the internals to match.

I like the M4 platform though in all honesty but like I rambled on above, this thread is more about my thinking out loud and taking on other points of view!

Oh and apologies for not finding you to say goodbye at AP the other day, I got a little frustrated during the last match and went back to the safe zone and my pal had already packed up so we left early!

No problem. I did take a quick look for you, but being face blind I was looking for someone with a grey hoody who likely had taken it off after the first round so I had no idea what to look for ;)

We did lose that last round by over 10 minutes mind. 

If sticking with M4, go for a 360-400mm inner barrel, full cylinder and you should be good on the air volume side of things. 

If you wanted to go for a longer barrel it would be best to go with a SR25 or SVU/SVD platform as they have longer custom cylinders that can supply more air. 

Archived