AEG Spring Lengths

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Ordered a 400fps spring for a DMR conversion and when it was delivered it was way longer than the stock spring; does anyone know if all springs are the same size or do any manufactures make smaller lengths of springs with higher fps.

Thanks

As far as I know they're the same length for AEG's.

I guess the strength could be achieved with length as well as thickness.

Check that your old one wasn't chopped.

• Supporters

Wondered this myself. I have a selection of AEG springs, varying in strength and length. There is a difference of about 1.5” between the longest and shortest. 

• Supporters

I've seen a fair bit of variance, a longer spring will just have more preload on it when installed.

Also seen some variance in diameter too, can jam in some setups.

On 27 March 2019 at 14:58, E21A said:

If you want a shorter spring at the same power, go for a non linear one. 

On 26 March 2019 at 22:02, Prisce said:

Wondered this myself. I have a selection of AEG springs, varying in strength and length. There is a difference of about 1.5” between the longest and shortest. 

Hi,

i've checked and i have purchased a non linear spring which is longer than the stock ( non chopped) spring.

Prisce do you have the makes of the shorter springs and lengths . Thanks

• Supporters
2 hours ago, sniperslucky said:

Hi,

i've checked and i have purchased a non linear spring which is longer than the stock ( non chopped) spring.

Prisce do you have the makes of the shorter springs and lengths . Thanks

Unfortunately not mate, I purchased a bundle of randoms back when I started and was a complete noob.😇

Archived