Pistol torches and some questions

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How many of you carry your torches separately and connect them as and when necessary?

I bought a Night Evolution Surefire clone recently. I have six pistols. One, my first, is an AW Hicapa. I bought it before I ever considered getting in to skirmishing and I must say that it looks good and performs well. However I will shortly be selling it because I have since acquired a TM 5.1 and one hicapa is more than enough for me. I am not especially fond of them.

I have two WE Glock 17s,  the TM Hicapa, and a TM Sig 226 E2 and M9A1. I like pistols and buy them as much to collect them as use them.

I have one light bearing holster: a Nuprol jobby that is not wonderful but works fine. It takes a Glock with light. However I would also like to use my Sig and M9 with the light too. The problem is that there aren't that many light bearing holsters on the market. Those that exist  tend to be expensive, especially the RS ones, and most have the aesthetic appeal of a house brick. I have spent a small fortune on airsoft accessories  since I started in this hobby. The cost of them quickly mounts up, and to be honest I'd rather buy more guns.

So I just wondered if any of you carry your torches in a pouch on your belt and access them only when you are going to use them. They are very quick to attach and remove after all.

And, being a general pain in the arse, that brings me on to my next question. My WE Glock with light attached weighs a lot. I had been thinking of putting the money from my AW sale towards a TM Glock 22. That gun with a light attached would fit the Nuprol holster, be much lighter (nicely balanced in fact) and perform better than my WE.

The only thing that puts me off the G22 is that TM Glock slides tend to perish faster than most. I might be better off getting a TM USP large or HK45, since I like to collect pistols. And they are nice looking guns.

But I do like Glocks. In fact they are my favourite pistols.

The temperature today where I live is 6 degrees. Common sense tells me that rules out 144a gas. At what temperature can this gas be expected to keep moving the slide? Will ASG Ultra Predator work at this temperature or would I be better with Nuprol 2.0. I am happy to use green gas in my other TMs. They look like they could cope with it. But as for the Glock, I'm a bit wary. It isn't TMs strongest platform. 

I usually run the Nuprol light bearing holster with my TM G18c and clone m300 light. If I run my FNX with Sbal-PL i use this 

F90CA8C7-77FD-4EFE-899E-7753EB03545B.jpeg

Im using an X300U clone on mine. It's on there the entire time I'm playing and I remove it when I'm finished.

As for 144a, I would expect 10 degrees + but the only way to be sure is to test it as it really depends on the weight of the entire slide assembly and how well lubed/how smooth the action is.

If I can put it into perspective... My moving mass is 128.25g

Factor in a 140% recoil spring and green gas at sub 10 degrees would cycle the slide a maximum of 3 times on a full mag.

Nuprol red variant (3.0?) Worked like a charm though.

Edit: The magazines play a huge role too. My standard mags Vs my prowin mags are substantially different.

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I usually run the Nuprol light bearing holster with my TM G18c and clone m300 light. If I run my FNX with Sbal-PL i use this 

F90CA8C7-77FD-4EFE-899E-7753EB03545B.jpeg

My word, that does look smart.

Thanks to everybody for your replies.

I think I'm going to shelve the Glock22 for now, and just get an RA TECH inner barrel and hop up unit for my WE and run it with Nuprol Red 3.0. That will save me some money.

I can't justify keeping buying things just because I like them. I trawl through airsoft websites like a kid in a toy shop, and I'm a bloody pensioner.🤣

Came across a WE G39c gbb at Gunfire for about 150 quid today, and that really got me thinking. The sound and recoil are supposed to be spectacular on this gun. Who cares if it's accurate or not. Who cares if parts wear out quickly and it is essentially unreliable? How can I resist?  I'll have to.

Seriously though, I have to stop. It has to end. 

The WE g36c gbbr is a fantastic gun. Arguably the best budget gbbr. I sold mine to a mate with an RA tech barrel and a modify tan bucking and the thing shoots as well as any airsoft gun I’ve ever used. It’s very loud and has a nice kick to it. 

4 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Stop it!

I need to be dissuaded. 

😀

spacer.png

Archived