New Spena Arms SA-HO2

gasman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have just got my second new Specna HK416 this one new from Patrol Base.

Came nicely packed with all I expected, except.

When I tested it with .2 BBs without any hop on 290 FPS with hop adjusted 275-280 fps.

Very consistent shot to shot but lacks range and ommph. Had it been around the 310 mark as I was expecting I would have left it alone, but looks like I am going to have to change the spring.

I normally use .25 BBs in games which drop the FPS even further!

Why can't manufacturers get even the most basic things right on new guns?

Anyone else had a new Specna from patrol base with such low FPS

26 minutes ago, gasman said:

I have just got my second new Specna HK416 this one new from Patrol Base.

Came nicely packed with all I expected, except.

When I tested it with .2 BBs without any hop on 290 FPS with hop adjusted 275-280 fps.

Very consistent shot to shot but lacks range and ommph. Had it been around the 310 mark as I was expecting I would have left it alone, but looks like I am going to have to change the spring.

I normally use .25 BBs in games which drop the FPS even further!

Why can't manufacturers get even the most basic things right on new guns?

Anyone else had a new Specna from patrol base with such low FPS

My TM Aug HC fires at 210FPS on .25s and out ranges my mates Evo that fires at 330FPS. No problems with people feeling their hits either. If there is a range problem, then you will more likely be able to solve it without changing the spring as the bucking and hop unit affects the range more. 

I tweaked my original Specna to give me 350 on the dot with .2 BBs with a Prowin hop and better gears, nozzle and motor. Range out to 65yards and accurate using ,25s.

Did out range some snipers with a perfect hop setup..

I want to recreate that.

Ok so stripped the gearbox out to find out what was causing the low FPS and found the following.

The weakest spring I have found softer than a normal 90 .

Shook piston to rear, placed finger over blue plastic nozzle and shoved piston forward, almost no compression at all. What little there was went almost instantly.

I have now fitted an upgraded new gearbox with a 100 Madbull spring I had bought as a spare for my other gun. FPS now too hot at 360, hoping it will drop a little but may have to fit a 95.

Looking through the openings into the gearbox I could see no lubrication at all. The shimming of the gears was shocking, the intermediate and final gears rubbing sides as they touched (loads of side movement). The gears having only shot test rounds are not yet damaged. My conclusion if you want to make the gearbox work and the gun to shoot properly you would need to invalidate your warranty. Strip the gearbox correctly shim and lubricate, replace the nozzle and fit a new spring as a minimum.

The rest of the gun is great, good quality.

So SPECNA ARMS get your act together and sort out your poor gearbox air-seal and shocking shimming.

Instead of fitting a new gearbox, why not try a larger piston head o ring and nozzle? That would have sorted your compression 

I will in due course update and shim the gearbox once the gun is out of warranty. new cylinder, piston, piston head, nozzle and up-rated gears.

• Supporters

I have a Specna SA-A03, when I swapped the supplied spring for the alternative "M90" that comes with it, it was definitely on the low side. I would say at a guess that PB have done just that to yours - whip out one supplied spring and put in the other. Which to be honest they should have done as a matter of course. Having a QD gearbox makes it incredibly easy to do as well. Mine's still usable (not quite as bad a drop as yours) but I will most likely change the spring soon.

Patrol base do not give you the second spring only the weak 90.

The sa-ho2 is enter and convert which is harder to change springs than saec.

I love the way the gun looks and feels and the way it shoots when sorted.

The cover plate falls off the mag supplied bad design and cheap.

As I said a solid gun with good looks that shoots great when sorted. Next thing to change is hop unit and bucking then it will be a winner as the brass barrels are good.

Archived