Holy crap.......

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Its a fair trek, but I may take a punt and drive up there on saturday with a pocket full of cash on the off chance...

Hmmm.  Would like know how much the ca 249 are going for. Or a mp7a1.  But dunno if i will take the near 3 hour drive eachway without more information...

Reading the Zeroin post, the prices mentioned so far aren't amazingly good.  About average for second hand stuff...

Quote:

"Trying to price this stuff up is a bit of a nightmare if Im honest, the appraisal values are wildly different, where it is at currently is going on what people have already paid and we would obviously like to try and achieve around the same but I am aware that they may be an anomaly. 1x m240 went for £400, the ares l200 went for £420. 1x m249 went for £200 and a non working one for £120. 1 scar gbb sold for £210. We sold an aug and mp5 for £190 the pair. A kJ m9 got bought for £75 and the sig 2022 was £85. One xm177 (not working) sold for £70 and have the same offer on another 2. Like I say these may be the oddities but without any real knowledge it would be good it this was the case"

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

I'm going Friday, I can find out a rough idea of prices and post back here if that helps? He says they're open Saturday too...

Sure thing if friday.  Saturday if amazingly good i could maybe try for it

Well the classic army m249 is by quick google between £300 and £370 (combatsouth, why so expensive?)  For the para version.  

A movie prop gun. By non lead character thats likely been dropped, thrown, bashed and blasted with sanf and dust (think black hawk down) is likely fairly prone for unreliability.  id likely feel comfortable paying parhaps half of that. so £150 or there abouts for it, as i bet they need some major tlc to be reliable.

18 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Well the classic army m249 is by quick google between £300 and £370 (combatsouth, why so expensive?)  For the para version.  

A movie prop gun. By non lead character thats likely been dropped, thrown, bashed and blasted with sanf and dust (think black hawk down) is likely fairly prone for unreliability.  id likely feel comfortable paying parhaps half of that. so £150 or there abouts for it, as i bet they need some major tlc to be reliable.

Yeah, there's a catch with the prop thing.  It makes them of value to a collector but not all collectors have a defence to own it hence the airsoft sale as I think he'd normally have them goto a prop auction but the VCRA applies to these by default (which is good for us for once.... lol). The CA M16 variants from BHD are missing a motor and he priced them between £70-100 depending on condition.

I suppose it depends on the item ultimately; new in box, used in a film, bust etc... soon find out!

The 'used in film' is bollox because there's no provenance.

Even 'Hero' used is meaningless unless there's some definitive markings and a certified document confirming its use from the production company.

No official documentation will come with the sales and a note by the seller will be as good as toilet paper.

2 minutes ago, EDcase said:

The 'used in film' is bollox because there's no provenance.

Even 'Hero' used is meaningless unless there's some definitive markings and a certified document confirming its use.

No official documentation will come with the sales and a note by the seller is as good as toilet paper.

That is true and he says pretty much the same. The value is all in the head basically as far as it's origins and claims.

I'm ok with that as I'm not looking for an investment as such, just something cool or a bargain if i'm lucky.

On 16/11/2018 at 19:31, rocketdogbert said:

I’ve dealt with this guy, he sold some Vectors last year 😎

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/appraisals/3018455-huge-clearout-warning-large-post

Holy crap.. so wrong it's right. I went down there for opening today and WOW! It was sure worth it.

I picked up the M700 from Green Zone, Matt Damons rifle from Green Zone and a misc XM177 E2 from BHD/WWZ.

Chuffed to say the least. Nice bloke running it too.Thank you for the tip-off!

4 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Holy crap.. so wrong it's right. I went down there for opening today and WOW! It was sure worth it.

I picked up the M700 from Green Zone, Matt Damons rifle from Green Zone and a misc XM177 E2 from BHD/WWZ.

Chuffed to say the least. Nice bloke running it too.Thank you for the tip-off!

Nice one 👍🏻

3 hours ago, EDcase said:

I may have seen you there Immortal. (I had the gun bag on my back)

Came away with an MP5 dirt cheap. Duno what film it was in and don't care :D

I was the unshaven bloke with a green body warmer over a black jacket and a big pile

of guns to the right of the counter with a bag like what guns in movies are carried.

Where you the guy I was chatting to whilst a fella wrapped my brothers gun?

Or the fella interested in a Tom Cruise Scar? (digging a hole for myself if neither...lol)

Sorry dude, didn't even occur to me that fellow forum members would be there! I'm so rude.

We need a secret hand shake or something. lol :D

Nope, I was neither ^_^

I was on the left side but didn't stay long.  Only about 5 mins

Went back around 12pm and it was empty so had a good rummage through the boxes.

Yeah, we need a secret pin or something.

8 hours ago, EDcase said:

Nope, I was neither ^_^

I was on the left side but didn't stay long.  Only about 5 mins

Came back around 12pm and it was empty so had a good rummage through the boxes.

Yeah, we need a secret pin or something.

Black gun bag? If so then I remember... LOL :D (if neither again I'll feel real daft)

Archived