Shooting at Esports event in America

Game Cam
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Yep, too soon to talk about.😢

• Supporters

it's scary how we're becoming so jaded with all these shootings in america, it happens too frequently 

we'll have thoughts and prayers, interviews with the survivors and police, rednecks yelling "now is not the time for knee jerk reactions" and by the time it's faded away enough to start having a proper dialogue about why this is happening it happens again.

this has happened too many times now for me to become too emotionally invested, they refuse to change their ways and they're happy to pay the price in the blood of the innocent to maintain their lifestyle, and if that's how they want to run a country then that's how it'll be.

• Supporters

How would you propose removing around 357 million guns from circulation?  I'm open to practical solutions.

Bear in mind that those who would be minded to surrender them are not likely to be the problem.  You can make a fair argument that you're safer around gun permit holders than police in the USA.

Personally, I'd try and avoid "gun free zone" signs.  I won't say "gun free zones", since the sign is not the reality.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

How would you propose removing around 357 million guns from circulation?  I'm open to practical solutions.

Bear in mind that those who would be minded to surrender them are not likely to be the problem.  You can make a fair argument that you're safer around gun permit holders than police in the USA.

Personally, I'd try and avoid "gun free zone" signs.  I won't say "gun free zones", since the sign is not the reality.

slowly, i'd put the same restrictions on semi-automatic weapons as already exists for fully automatic weapons and let attrition do the job of getting them out of circulation.

then a minimum 6 month waiting time for purchasing any weapon, not a licence or anything, just make you have to wait 6 months between ordering and recieving your firearm.

it's not much, and it'll take ages to take effect, but at least it'll be something, which is better than what they're currently doing. and it'll discourage a lot of the "casual" gun owners whilst being nothing more than annoyance for dedicated shooters (ie the people who aren't a problem)

• Supporters

Hmm. "Semi-automatic" covers just about everything except pump / bolt / lever action, and arguably revolvers depending on your definition. It might be too big a slice of sausage to bite off in one go.

Of course, the first step would be to overthrow the Federal government, set yourself up as a despot, tear up the constitution, and crush State rights.  That's the first practical barrier to solving the problem in the US as a whole.

Archived