Recommendations from you guys

Mathias33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So ladies and gents I’ll soon be playing my ukara game which obviously means I want a new gun rather than the two tone cyma I’ve been playing with. What I’d like is just a few recommendations for an M4 but with a few “must haves” which for me are;

1. Real steel body

2. Decent range and accuracy

3. Easy to upgrade

4. EAG (blow back would be nice)

my current budget is around £350 but could be increased.

thanks in advance.

You won't get a steel body for that price. An alloy body of some sort yes. But don't discount a plastic body tm g&g make good plastic body guns. Blow back on most guns is a non event and just an addition thing to break.  

If you go 2nd hand go tm recoil. They have plastic bodies but range/accuracy is probably best out the box of any make. You don't really need to up grade. You can feel the recoil and the bolt stop is a cool feature. 

Pretty much every m4 is based on the original tm m4 so gearboxs and hops are pretty much the same. No gun is easy to up grade but if you have any mechanical skill you can learn pretty quick. 

Hi

I have an ICS APE, ticks most of those boxes, though not a true M4.

It is heavy with all the metal, so would suggest you try to go to a shop or hold a few different guns during a skirmish before buying.

What do you mean by easy to upgrade?  And what would you want to upgrade?  E.g. ICS guns have a split gearbox, so a spring change is easier, but non-standard parts so from that point of view harder to upgrade.

Cheers

G

Ics is proprietary parts but they have good availability. Everything else is pretty much based on tm version two gearbox so everyone makes parts for them 

5 hours ago, BigStew said:

You won't get a steel body for that price. An alloy body of some sort yes. But don't discount a plastic body tm g&g make good plastic body guns. Blow back on most guns is a non event and just an addition thing to break.  

If you go 2nd hand go tm recoil. They have plastic bodies but range/accuracy is probably best out the box of any make. You don't really need to up grade. You can feel the recoil and the bolt stop is a cool feature. 

Pretty much every m4 is based on the original tm m4 so gearboxs and hops are pretty much the same. No gun is easy to up grade but if you have any mechanical skill you can learn pretty quick. 

You will get a real steel gun if youbuy an LCT AK, and still have a hundred quid left over for extras.

5 hours ago, BigStew said:

You won't get a steel body for that price.

Lies £350 is adequate for steel externals.

LCT do a lot of steel guns for less than £350.

At that budget you have access to most of the AK range and the G3's.

An LCT AK is full steel and built like a tank. Decent gearbox, but no mosfet.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-tx-mig-airsoft-gun-aeg

LCT-AEG-TX-MIG.JPG

Something like that should scratch the itch for steel, and with it having the rail still lets you pimp it up like an m4. It also has the side mount for the wrap over scope mount if you like the look of those.

You won't get more gun for the price. But you will find guns with more refined internals.

I would have the company you buy from install a cheap mosfet like a Xcoretech x304u. And pay for them to do a full shim and tune on the gearbox. Then just buy the correct LCT magazines for it.

If you must have an M4 variant then have a look at Specna arms. They do a range of full alloy metal m4's without mosfets for good prices. None of them have blowback tho.

https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152213405-SA-B14-KeyMod-12-Assault-Rifle-Replica-Red-Edition.html

https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152211476-SA-V21-Assault-Rifle-Replica.html

Gunfire have loads of variants. Again same deal applies, you'll get a good body, but no fancy internals. So pay to have a cheap fet installed by the retailer.

Blowback is a feature that isn't widely regarded. If you want blow-back the best option is a gas gun. Those however are different animals.

There is a range of LCT M4's that are both full alloy metal and blowback. However I have no information regarding just how reliable these are.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-lr16-fixed-stock-rs-ebb-airsoft-gun-aeg

LCT-LR16-Fixed-Stock-RS-AEG.jpg

https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152208131-LR4-RIS-10-Assault-Rifle-Replica.html

3 minutes ago, Iceni said:

Lies £350 is adequate for steel externals.

LCT do a lot of steel guns for less than £350.

At that budget you have access to most of the AK range and the G3's.

An LCT AK is full steel and built like a tank. Decent gearbox, but no mosfet.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-tx-mig-airsoft-gun-aeg

LCT-AEG-TX-MIG.JPG

Something like that should scratch the itch for steel, and with it having the rail still lets you pimp it up like an m4. It also has the side mount for the wrap over scope mount if you like the look of those.

You won't get more gun for the price. But you will find guns with more refined internals.

I would have the company you buy from install a cheap mosfet like a Xcoretech x304u. And pay for them to do a full shim and tune on the gearbox. Then just buy the correct LCT magazines for it.

I stand corrected but that's an AK not an M4 i cannot find a steel body M4 for that money 

1 minute ago, Iceni said:

Just updating my reply, but you can with Specna arms.

The blurb say steel parts not steel receiver. in the end a steel body just adds weight for not a huge trade off in strength 

Also Real steel M4s are actually Aluminum receivers.

• Head Moderator
6 hours ago, Mathias33 said:

So ladies and gents I’ll soon be playing my ukara game which obviously means I want a new gun rather than the two tone cyma I’ve been playing with. What I’d like is just a few recommendations for an M4 but with a few “must haves” which for me are;

1. Real steel body

2. Decent range and accuracy

3. Easy to upgrade

4. EAG (blow back would be nice)

my current budget is around £350 but could be increased.

thanks in advance.

Increase your budget and buy a TM recoil. Performs well out of the box and being TM does not need upgrading, so you are saving money there. Use 7.4V LiPo on Deans connection is about it.

The TM HK416D has full metal receiver, RIS, barrel and stock tube.  The pistol grip and stock are plastic.  It is based on the AR15 platform.  It meets your criteria. 

TM EBB all the way. Superb build, great performance and you won't feel outgunned. 

Or get a TM MWS GBBR and blow your mind with the fun. 

Archived