Shotgun.

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So after building my noveske, I figured now that I want at least one gun of each different function: full auto rifle, shotgun spread and single shot sniper rifle.

I now want a shotgun with spread which means at least 3 BBs per shot and there are some options out there.

This is what I plan to get if all else fails: https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152210911-CM350LM-Metal-Version-Shotgun-Replica.html

Problem I have with it is the fps @260 which is not within my taste as I would like to use it in the field too. Although it seems like it uses a single spring to operate 3 pistons, so I could replace it with an aeg spring.

I do want to explore other options like gas and co2 or even electric. Not a fan of TM's aeg shotguns as I don't like the AA12 aesthetic. Their m870 is somewhat appealing although one of the concerns is the future maintenance costs (gas etc). 

I did remember watching a redwolf video that a company announced a fostech origin 12 aeg shotgun and i'm a bit on the fence with that too.

Idk, I just want something interesting, hit me with ideas.

I have an el cheapo CYMA triple shot, bought it second hand for about £30 I think, loads of fun.

Not sure putting a harder spring in is an option, it’s tricky enough to rack as it is tbh.

I had a pistol stock triple, and that was much worse, at least you can rack the full stock version against your shoulder 

I had an AA-12, big and heavy, SGR-12 I’ve shot and it’s really nice, but again heavy. Both need the drum mag though otherwise you’ll run out of bb’s really fast.

Krytac are still working on the Fostec Origin, no release date yet.

Replacing the spring is a waste of time it'll just break something else. I use .28g bb's in my tri shot Springer and get great range and grouping. I find gas shotties tend to send the bb's in every direction except the way the barrel is pointing.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Duff said:

Replacing the spring is a waste of time it'll just break something else.

Yup, lots of little plastic bits inside my ASG, one of which has gone snappy.  They're sods to get apart as well, I've not even got mine fully apart yet.

I'd be minded to go for the cheapest one you can get your hands on, enjoy it for what it is - they are a laugh - and not put any time or money into it.

Just now, Rogerborg said:

Yup, lots of little plastic bits inside my ASG, one of which has gone snappy.  They're sods to get apart as well, I've not even got mine fully apart yet.

I'd be minded to go for the cheapest one you can get your hands on, enjoy it for what it is - they are a laugh - and not put any time or money into it.

Yep. Best upgrade you can do is put heavier bb's in the shells. .28's work a charm but could probably use .40's as well. Hmmm, might have to try that.... :rolleyes:

• Supporters

I concur on the ‘leave well alone’ opinions , once you try getting inside it your well and truly bolloxed there not built to tinker with they are what they are .

Archived