Emerson g3 Aor2 or m81 woodland

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After playing in jeans with  knee pads under Meath  with  for while  I'm looking into getting   into new bdu  trousers been looking at Emerson g3s 

I assume there just clones of the crye g3 Reviews seem  decent . The Emerson bits I've got  I'm really happy with.

Any one  had a pair  just wondering what the sizing is like?   I normally run  with a black top ( chest rig and battle belt  and gloves etc)  or a red and black checked shirt. 

Can't choose between  aor2 or usa or black multicam woodland  thoug . I quite like the look with UK dpm but want  a camo that don't see that often

• Supporters

Sizing is accurate. I went for a 30-32 and used the elastic to tighten it for a perfect fit. Kneepads are adjustable too. I was pleased with my pair, and I got them used for £30 with minimal wear. Black multicam looks pretty good I think. Not so keen on AOR2. M81 would work best for the UK I reckon.

3 hours ago, Gepard said:

Sizing is accurate. I went for a 30-32 and used the elastic to tighten it for a perfect fit. Kneepads are adjustable too. I was pleased with my pair, and I got them used for £30 with minimal wear. Black multicam looks pretty good I think. Not so keen on AOR2. M81 would work best for the UK I reckon.

I'm normally  a 34 in trousers but I have fairly big  quads. And I know  you can tighten up on the back  up a bit. 

Think your right  the aor2 will be bit  too bright. 

Multicam black  might be a winner thought  as I run it with my black ubacs  in my dark cqb  site then  a   check shirt  on woodland. I could juat get plain black and not have to  worry about it black.but I'm loving the look of black multicam 

• Supporters

Emerson gear is... OK. Expect it to fade and understand that you get what you pay for and you'll be fine. 

Alternatively look at helikon or if you want to spend a bit more try ops/ur-tactical.

Helion or OPS would be my budget choices tbh. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

Helion or OPS would be my budget choices tbh. 

Depends on your budget I guess. If you're used to CryeFire and Orc Industries prices then Helikon and OPS will be the cheaper end. If you're looking at Emerson chances are that spending over a ton on a pair of trousers to play toy soldiers is bit of a stretch! ;)

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

Depends on your budget I guess. If you're used to CryeFire and Orc Industries prices then Helikon and OPS will be the cheaper end. If you're looking at Emerson chances are that spending over a ton on a pair of trousers to play toy soldiers is bit of a stretch! ;)

Yeah I play   cqb  for 3  hours  once a month and maybe  an outdoor game  every other month. So don't really want to  drop a tonne on  trousers.    As much as I love the multicam black    I've just brought some normal knee insert  black trousers  as I don't think I'll like the look   of the  multicam black  trouserd with the rest of the loadout 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Shaun Haynes said:

Yeah I play   cqb  for 3  hours  once a month and maybe  an outdoor game  every other month. So don't really want to  drop a tonne on  trousers.    As much as I love the multicam black    I've just brought some normal knee insert  black trousers  as I don't think I'll like the look   of the  multicam black  trouserd with the rest of the loadout 

Cool, I'm sure they'll work just fine for you. The only issue I had with their G3 style trousers is that after a while the velcro can come adrift on the knee pads and they have a habit of popping out when you least expect it!

• Supporters

I've been wearing impacto knee pads for a while now. I bought them for canoeing but they work well enough for Airsoft too. They've never slipped down whilst running about surprisingly. 

14 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Are there any knee pads with straps on the market that don't slip down during play?

I've often wondered.

Cross the straps over, so go across diagonally down, loop through and back on itself.

Archived