What is the best TM gas pistol?

teragaxu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

24 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

I imagine I'll struggle as well when I get my mk23 lol. Gonna be too used to the hi Capa trigger pull. Ah well. Something to get used to i guess.

Might be possible to short stroke the trigger slightly and I know if you leave it cocked over night it weakens the spring in the trigger.

There is a way to reduce the trigger pull - by removing the double action trigger. 

Detailed here - https://www.onmymk.com/single-post/2017/10/11/Double-Action-Double-the-effort 

Personally I think that would be changing the gun too much from what it is. Having a longer trigger pull makes me think a bit more about where to put my shots. 

4 minutes ago, Arwen said:

There is a way to reduce the trigger pull - by removing the double action trigger. 

Detailed here - https://www.onmymk.com/single-post/2017/10/11/Double-Action-Double-the-effort 

Personally I think that would be changing the gun too much from what it is. Having a longer trigger pull makes me think a bit more about where to put my shots. 

True good point, it gets the sniper/woodland playstyle in your head more... However I'm a CQB nut and fire before thinking :)

11 minutes ago, teragaxu said:

So i'm gonna go with the hi capa 5.1 but what is the difference between the hi capa 5.1 and the gold match version?

The gold has silly gold bits, and a cut slide, but the chief difference performance is it has a non-drop outer barrel, which makes it more consistent. Useful for target shooting, bling for skirmishing.

On 19/02/2018 at 4:28 PM, Mantle said:

I love my mk23 with tdc mod and carbine kit

Thats not a pistol man!! :D

On 19/02/2018 at 8:28 PM, Dentonboy said:

The TM P226E2 is probably the best pistol I own. Very comfy in the hand, weighty, accurate and again, 50m range or so.

Still my favourite pistol to date, everyhting about it works so well, the controls, the action and accuracy, mechanically well built compared to the G17 for example.

On 20/02/2018 at 10:51 AM, Wo1f said:

The problem with the mk23 is the trigger is slow and heavy because it isn’t a GBB, so it doesn’t lend itself to a fast cqb environment. You certainly can use it, but the range and accuracy are wasted up close 

This

On 20/02/2018 at 9:08 PM, Redeon said:

Ive had my TM HK45 Tactical for a while now. Took a little to find the perfect  gas to make it run on cold days, but this thing doesnt miss a beat. Great range, very accurate, and love the urganomics. If i were to buy again I wouldnt opt for the tactical as the silencer is really not worth the cost difference.

I would choose between Hicapa, P226 and HK45 for GBB, MK23 is in its own class.

3 minutes ago, teragaxu said:

Is the performance a big difference or not?

Some people say yes, some people say no. I have the gold match, and its yet to miss a beat (except for when I didn't turn the hop up on lol)

In my experience, everyone seems to drop a £30ish non dropping barrel into the standard version which brings them to roughly the same price anyway. So its more whether you want to do it yourself and keep it black, or have the bling and it done already lol.

18 minutes ago, teragaxu said:

Is the performance a big difference or not?

No. I had two standard Hi-Capa’s, converted one with all black parts and non-drop barrel to Gold Match spec for target shooting. As I said, grouping was a little better, so great for target shooting, not much in it skirmish wise I wouldn’t have thought

Archived