Decision help please

Sako
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I’ve narrowed my choice of rif down to two options based partly on aesthetics and partly on online reviews, but would like to hear from people with real life experience of either so I can hit the ‘buy’ button without regrets...

we we have in the red corner...

the G&P CQB M4 Tank

...and in the blue corner

the Krytac CRB

( it will be used in relatively close/mid quarter woodland )

any thoughts good or bad are appreciated as it’s a relatively costly mistake if I choose poorly.

thanks in advance

I have a G&P M16. 

Bought it in 2006.

Had one fault. The body pin fell out. Over ten years after buying it. 

In my opinion, G&P make decent AEGs. 

Both are going to be fine. The externals on G&P rifles have always been nice. I would imagine the krytac to have a tiny bit more performance in range and accuracy, but for short/medium engagements they are going to be very comparable. Both guns are reliable. The best advice would be to pick the one you like the look of best

Thanks for the replies lads, what you guys have said has certainly made the decision more straight forward. I’m a measure twice cut once kinda bloke. 

I would always suggest buying a Marui over both brands, but that is just me. I have been more than happy with my G&P. 

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

I would always suggest buying a Marui over both brands, but that is just me. I have been more than happy with my G&P. 

Hmm, is this purely from a reliability point of view or aesthetics?

The Krytac is good out of the box, better than the G&P, but fit a decent motor, basic Mosfet and a quick tune up and the G&P wins. Solid performance and excellent externals.

6 minutes ago, Sako said:

Hmm, is this purely from a reliability point of view or aesthetics?

Reliability IMHO. 

An untinkered with Marui out of the box is incredibly reliable and consistent in my opinion. But my G&P has been very reliable and consistent since buying it - but it did need to be downgraded first as was an Asian import. 

This is the way I view TM aeg’s.. If you are happy with the out of the box performance (280fps) and have no desire to tinker, the TM is a solid choice. If you want to change anything or want that metal body, G&P won’t let you down. 

Right, I see what you are saying, I must admit the need to occasionally tinker does come into it, it kind of keeps my interest a bit more.

at this moment in time the choice is really veering toward the G&P, it’s really just a case of waiting for stock levels to be replenished.

have to thank you guys for taking the time to reply, been really helpful.

Chris

No worries. It’s what the forum is here for. If I spot one in stock on my daily prowl for toys, I’ll let you know. 

On 02/01/2018 at 11:43 PM, jcheeseright said:

Wolf armouries are one of the oldest Airsoft shops in the UK, they're reliable. 

Well that’s about as good as anyone could expect! Thanks 

Archived