OneTigris Face Shield - is it suitable as eye protection?

Ajax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all 

I found something like this on Amazon. 

OneTigris Face Shield, Tactical Helmet Faceshield with Clear Polycarbonate https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071YBLPL9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KfUgzbKQTM5TR

Do you have any experience with this type eye protection? Is it safe? Does it steams?

What is your  new / opinion on it?

Cheers

40 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Do you have any experience with this type eye protection? Is it safe? Does it steams

It's not eye protection. Just like that pictured helmet is not a helmet.

Few months ago I found a tracer BB appeared inside the lense of my Dye I4 full seal, with enough force that it was moving on it's original momentum when I first saw it. Fairly sure it got there after I shot a wall point blank. Nontheless that, which you've linked is not eyepro.

And any field which would allow it, is one you should not be playing at.

For common sense sake, what happens if you look up, slip and fall backwards, take a ricochet from something on your front(or your gun), or most scarily, someone is shooting you from below.

I think It might be good if used WITH shooting glasses though.

Mind renaming the thread? That title is so VAGUE, like anything referencing the item would be better, like "is this eye pro safe" or "do helmet visors give enough coverage for eye pro in airsoft".

I wouldn't run that as eye pro for airsoft. Even if it had a CE B rating. It's just too open on the edges.

Thank you guys for your replies. 

I tried to amend the title of this post but I may be blind but I don't see any option to do so. Admins would you be able to help please?

Youve worn the "eyepro" already and now are blind to change title :)

All jokes aside, I would never wear that, you only get 2 eyes, why even risk it? Maybe that would work coming off of a helmet but i would still wear other protection underneath it.

It says you play at the mall, I shot a guy from 2ft away, maybe closer with a pistol, who knows where the BB could have ended up.

• Root Admin
5 hours ago, Ajax said:

Thank you guys for your replies. 

I tried to amend the title of this post but I may be blind but I don't see any option to do so. Admins would you be able to help please?

You should see the following under your opening post:

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2017-05-16-17-48-20.png.341738c280c5635480c14f694d9e0cd3.png

Click that 'edit' button and then you should see that the title becomes editable as well.

Archived