new gun options for a cqb/woodland mix?

SELTS090
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

evening chaps.

Ive come to you for advice

im looking for advice on a new gun. I can think of anything that will be suitable for my needs.

i play alot of cqb and starting ot play more woodland games but i lack the range to get to people at times.

i have a budget of around 400 to pick something up which would be suitable. -  what would you both recommend? few people have said tippmans?

much appreciated - PS not keen on evos or some of the krytacs.

Anything that's shooting 328fps for CQB is going to be just as effective as a 350fps gun in woodland. You don't need a barrel any longer than 170-200mm for accuracy or range, just a decent hop and quality BBs, 0.25g minimum, 0.28-0.3g for preference. If you find you're not reaching people, get closer.

Keep it simple and stick with an AEG, unless you're desperate for realistic reloads, recoil and operation.

That is a good AEG choice.

Look at TM's GBBR's...my M4A1 is great in woodland and would sound terrifying in CQB!!!

Guest PT247
5 hours ago, SELTS090 said:

evening chaps.

Ive come to you for advice

im looking for advice on a new gun. I can think of anything that will be suitable for my needs.

i play alot of cqb and starting ot play more woodland games but i lack the range to get to people at times.

i have a budget of around 400 to pick something up which would be suitable. -  what would you both recommend? few people have said tippmans?

much appreciated - PS not keen on evos or some of the krytacs.

• buy a Krytac
  • buy a Krytac
  • buy a Krytac PDW
  • Buy a Krytac PDW and fit a spring giving CQB fps limit and if you need to (you'll not) change the spring for woodland fps
  • Buy a Krytac PDW, why do you not want one? You are an idiot if you say anything here to try and justify not buying a Krytac..
  • Don't buy an ASG EVO or a Krytac and have a gun that is sh*t and doesn't do what you want it to do.
  • SORTED.

Krytac CRB mk2 is a great all rounder. It's good for CQB and woodland, and the stock internals are good enough that you don't need to be messing with it until it's out of warranty

The inner barrel is 6.05mm which is better than the 6.08 a lot of guns come with, but you can still put a TTB in if your groupings suffer. 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, PT247 said:
  • Don't buy an ASG EVO or a Krytac and have a gun that is sh*t and doesn't do what you want it to do.

I would say Krytac is a tiny bit overhyped. It's good, but there are a lot of great other options too.

Edit: I meant to say it's good.

I love my TM scar! 

Haven't had a chance to use it in game yet, but from what I've seen in the garden it should perform nicely!

My SPR performs similarly, can't notice a massive difference between them.

Depends if you want relabilty, recoil,

bolt stop or if you want higher rate of fire, better trigger response.

IMG_3004.JPG

41 minutes ago, SELTS090 said:

probably go with the krytac then trying to work out if the spr will be too long for indoors and if itll fit my tracer unit on it

What krytac is it? The LMG?

all krytacs have 14mmCCW threading so your tracer should fit.

The lmg is the same gun as the rest of the range. So it's accurate, good range,reliable and in this case has an electric feed 3000 round box magazine. It's a support weapon, but still light enough to fire from the shoulder. Bloody good fun in the right role but you could still run as rifleman if you want. Think it should be able to use standard mags as well as the box mag. Look up 'belt feed AR15 ' and you'll get the idea.

3 hours ago, SELTS090 said:

probably go with the krytac then trying to work out if the spr will be too long for indoors and if itll fit my tracer unit on it

If you are sticking a tracer unit on the end then the SPR will prob be a bit too big for indoors, although still perfectly useable. Just harder to clear those corners :)

1 minute ago, Sacarathe said:

Will that work?

If you replace the stock barrel of the CRB, which is 280mm, with a 6.03 then yes you should see an improvement in accuracy - especially with heavier bb's such as 0.25's or 0.28's

Krytac have teamed up with Laylax/Prometheus to bring out a range of tightbore barrels specifically for the Krytac range, as they are nonstandard lengths. The only dealer in the U.K. that I know that has them are Firesupport, but I ordered mine from evike as FS had no stock

Guest PT247
7 hours ago, newsh said:

If you replace the stock barrel of the CRB, which is 280mm, with a 6.03 then yes you should see an improvement in accuracy - especially with heavier bb's such as 0.25's or 0.28's

Krytac have teamed up with Laylax/Prometheus to bring out a range of tightbore barrels specifically for the Krytac range, as they are nonstandard lengths. The only dealer in the U.K. that I know that has them are Firesupport, but I ordered mine from evike as FS had no stock

The Prommy barrel makes very little difference if any over stock, only advantage is it'll need cleaning less often.

Guest PT247

I have heard reports that the Mk2s are lower quality than the Mk1s, if that is the case I will be very disappointed with the brand, but the 3 I have owned have been amazing!

Archived