M4 AEG for CQB & Woodland + face protection

LewisUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, i currently only play CQB, so I have a CyberGun Kalashnikov (Images: http://i.imgur.com/YEKH9Me.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Bt9OsNG.jpg )

However I am looking for an M4 Style AEG that is suitable for both CQB and Woodland play with rails to put attachments on. (and full metal preferably.)

Additionally, my TMC mesh face mask broke yesterday, so I was wondering what the best way for mesh face protection is? (And do i need to protect my ears.)

(I have only been airsofting for about 4 months and i have my UKARA. I do not have any real budget.)

You will need to set some form of budget for pepole to have an idea of what your willing to pay for the gun and protection.

Heroshark mesh protection is well recommended. As for ears it is personal choice , in CQB I wear a lower mesh face mask and the straps cover my ears so I have no issues there however in woodland I just run eye pro and not had any issues due to the longer distance engagments. If you want you could get a helmet with ear protection or for fast helmets there are attachments that protect you ears or I'm sure there are face masks that will cover them

You will need to set some form of budget for pepole to have an idea of what your willing to pay for the gun and protection.

Heroshark mesh protection is well recommended. As for ears it is personal choice , in CQB I wear a lower mesh face mask and the straps cover my ears so I have no issues there however in woodland I just run eye pro and not had any issues due to the longer distance engagments. If you want you could get a helmet with ear protection or for fast helmets there are attachments that protect you ears or I'm sure there are face masks that will cover them

Okay, in terms of budget, anything below £400-£450 for gun and like £70 for face protection, I already have a set of revision desert locust goggles for eyepro.

I had looked at heroshark, I'll most likely go with them, the TMC mask lasted two full days before the back strap snapped and i had to make a makeshift velcro thing to hold it together for the day.

Was going to suggest the krytac range as well there's a good range of barrel lengths to suit what you want and in your budget although i did see a pre order for a krytac kriss vector next year which I'd wait for personally as it's a nice looking gun.

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Krytac.html

Was going to suggest the krytac range as well there's a good range of barrel lengths to suit what you want and in your budget although i did see a pre order for a krytac kriss vector next year which I'd wait for personally as it's a nice looking gun.

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Krytac.html

I was looking at the vector (Its like my dream gun. But is an SMG, How would an SMG (Like the pdw) hold up in long range aswell?

Oh i also forgot to mention, i Currently have a 7.4 Brick Style LiPo battery with mini tamyia, so if the gun could use them That'd be a plus, but not really important.

Barrel length doesn't have the same effect like real steal rifles. Also it would be possible to gain the extra barrel length by adding a silencer and running a longer inner barrel through it for woodland and remove them for CQB games.

Barrel length doesn't have the same effect like real steal rifles. Also it would be possible to gain the extra barrel length by adding a silencer and running a longer inner barrel through it for woodland and remove them for CQB games.

I'll have a look around at the Krytac range, unfortunately the black pdw and the black trident mk2 (also looks good) are out of stock on the site you linked :(

Barrel length is meaningless. your current gun is almost certainly suitable for woodland too.

I'd assume it would be, i've just wanted an M4-Ish gun since I started, I got the AK as it was only £150 and a good starter gun (and i can keep as a backup).

So,

I'm going to take a trip to patrol base some time soon and get a feel for the PDW 

In terms of face protection, i was going to use a heroshark mesh face mask, with https://www.amazon.co.uk/Howard-Leight-R-01526-Electronic-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395304319&sr=8-2&keywords=howard+leight as the ear protection. - I only want to really protect from BBs going IN. But the mesh masks stick out way too much.

Is there any other suggestions for ear pro. as the mask I used limited my ability to aim down sights due to it sticking out to protect my ears.

Those ear defenders will hinder your hearing.. and in cqb I've found hearing to be important when in buildings, as for mesh masks I have seen some which are soft material on the sides and only mesh at the front which should stick out less. As for ears I would try a hat or the helmet route as these will have less impact on hearing

Edit. My bad thought they were normal ear defenders but they send sounds through up to a certain noise level.

With electronic ear defenders like those you can turn the volume up to have super hearing... though I've always found I just end up thinking I'm being incredibly noisy

So a over sized hearing aid then lol,

• Supporters

So,

I'm going to take a trip to patrol base some time soon and get a feel for the PDW (They're only 1 & 1/2 hours away).

In terms of face protection, i was going to use a heroshark mesh face mask, with https://www.amazon.co.uk/Howard-Leight-R-01526-Electronic-Earmuff/dp/B001T7QJ9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395304319&sr=8-2&keywords=howard+leight as the ear protection. - I only want to really protect from BBs going IN. But the mesh masks stick out way too much.

Is there any other suggestions for ear pro. as the mask I used limited my ability to aim down sights due to it sticking out to protect my ears.

Try Surefire earplugs https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surefire-EP3-Sonic-Defenders-Pair/dp/B00LGQKPAM

I spoke with heroshark and the ear guards on the masks he makes are removeable, So i'm going to get one with the ear guards and see how they fit, if they are too bulky or uncomfortable I'll look at the surefire earplugs :)

Just a question about the Krytac PDW;

Reading around it seems quite a lot of mid caps are not compatible and have issues, as well as the battery compartment being tight. As i really despise high-caps, and I know a few of you have the PDW, what Midcaps do you recommend that work?

What are you protecting your ears against? BB hits or noise? The hero shark is useless against noise but excellent vs BBs and the surefire earplugs are the exact opposite!

It's more so to stop them going IN my ear. Im fine with shots on them, just not down my ear canal.

Archived