Gear-gun bag

Sico
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

Soon I'll be receiving my gun (hopefully) and was wondering with what to carry it at sites. Most of the time I played I had a backpack for food, water and other bits on bobs non related to airsoft plus a duffle bag in which I would put my gear (BDU, boots, protection, etc.). Now that I'll be getting my own AEG and I won't be needing to rent one, came the question with what to carry it and in my search I found something that my do the trick. I don't intend on getting a gun case I don't own a car and I use public transport and I'm not comfortable carrying it beside other bags.

I was thinking of getting something like this and use the bottom part to carry the guns and accessories and top part for gear. It has weals so it would be easier for me to carry it on the street, although I don't know how long they will last. There is a zipper that goes around the bag and opens the bottom part and there I was thinking on putting some packing foam (eggcrate type) in order to provide protection (Link).

What do you guys think about it ? Is it to much of a hassle, and I should just get a larger duffle bag and cover the gun in something and get over with.

What are your recommendations and suggestions ?

Thank you for your time reading my post.

Regards,

Sico

I've not had any experience of carrying RIFs on public transport, but my plan for if it ever came up was to use a padded guitar case. When I tried it out there was enough room for the RIF up one side (its barrel filling up the neck compartment), and the rest of my kit to fit at the base. The case can then be worn like a backpack, and still won't draw any unwanted attention.

Mine is basically something like this (although full size. 3/4 size might actually be better, as most RIFs are much shorter than a guitar)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000OR4SA2/ref=s9_zwish_hd_bw_bRapXz_g267_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=5CR53BFW4A132PD1M5H9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=687299547&pf_rd_i=407739031

You're probably not going to fit a gun in a wheelie case that size unless you're sticking with SMGs or have a folding stock. I have seen people with those sort of luggage cases but usually it's to carry other equipment.

You can get soft gun cases with backpack style straps on them. Wear that on your back, buy the case to your food etc and the duffle bag for your other stuff.

• Head Moderator

Before I bought a dedicated gun bag (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=291&products_id=9026) I just used my old black ops (deployment) bag. It is large enough for the rifle and all my other airsoft skirmish kit, plus wash bag and spare clothing for staying away in a hotel overnight on a long weekend. Can recommend getting one as a good option.

Archived