Bullpup AK project

ceferistul
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been thinking for a while to do a conversion from a regular AK to a bullpup configuration, kind of like a OTS14 Groza. I did some research and came to the conclusion that the most difficult part for me would be to come up with a way to move the trigger up front and connect it (with maybe a kind of bar) to the gearbox at the back. I think it would also be necessary to change the type of gearbox to maybe a famas v1. If anybody here had any experience with this kind of project you re welcome to share the knowledge :)

some images:

ots14_01.jpg

2vux5xx.jpg

i've been through that, but what he did was he kept the gearbox unchanged and covered the bit that was hiding inside the original pistol grip. he ended up with a weird triangle at the back of the weapon. i want to keep it hidden inside the receiver.

plus he didn't explain exactly how he managed to make the trigger work after he moved it to the front

• Supporters

The v3 box itself protrudes into the grip. The V7 gearbox is the slimmest but stil won't fit I think. Not to mention that the motor still needs to go somewhere.

Maybe an Ares M3A1's gearbox. http://ww2aa.proboards.com/thread/8227/ares-m3a1-review-disassembly

But that's longer than the receiver of the AK. I don't think it's doable.

Trigger can be done purely electrically with a smart FET that does the single shot with timer.

• Supporters

and a lawyer coz it looks like an inbred bastid love child of L85 & AK and an mp5k front end joined in as well

yes I learnt they exist and in regular use but still looks inbred or interracial to me

but hey ho - go for it sir

maybe l85 converted fire select and magwell

trigger contacts electronic mosfet type as Samurai says coz trigger linkage suck with extra play

a v3 2 piece trigger and then linkage on UAR is yards long trigger pull - well not quite but sucks for response

could be do-able but plenty of work without trying to make loads of bespoke bits - let alone a box as well

• Supporters

looks like an inbred bastid love child of L85 & AK and an mp5k front end joined in as well

Nah, Russian weapon design is like "we have 900 metric tons of AK parts. Let's build something from it." :)

Archived