Krytac Build/Setup Pictures

Max2000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Sorry to have to tell you, but the RDS is a clone of the Aimpoint T1. I use this particular optic precisely because of its small size.

Yeah I know its a T1 I should have been more specific and said Aimpoint m2.

I think they look very nice on the M4 but the T1 can look a little lost on a longer AR15 but looks good on the PDW. But we all have different ideas of whats nice.

I am sure a lot of people dont like what I do to mine and I respect that.

I get what triggers saying, While the gun looks great, I am not a fan of the bits n bobs. Looks a little clumsy to me. but hey, each to their own, im sure it works for the owner!

• Supporters

+1 for pistol grip no matter what anybody else says about the rest of it

I like mainly stock stuff only coz my money goes on repairing broken guns I bollox'd

might have gone flip/fold sights and QD T1 and kept the rest on top clear

move other stuff to side/underneath but I'm no expert coz I stay stock on most of my stuff

end of day - your gun so do whatever ya like sir

+1 for pistol grip no matter what anybody else says about the rest of it

I like mainly stock stuff only coz my money goes on repairing broken guns I bollox'd

might have gone flip/fold sights and QD T1 and kept the rest on top clear

move other stuff to side/underneath but I'm no expert coz I stay stock on most of my stuff

end of day - your gun so do whatever ya like sir

I just thought I'd contribute my setup, since it seems like a fairly unconventional way of doing things (at least in airsoft, I've seen a number of fairly similar real guns). I did take the gun out for a few skirmishes before touching anything to make sure any additions would actually benefit me.

That pistol grip's a lifesaver, I was getting wrist strain from the crazy angle on the A2 that comes with the gun, this is a massive improvement!

Those fixed sights are the ones that come with the gun, and while I usually run flip-up sights these are actually very usable with an optic, since I can look over them when not in use.

I strongly recommend trying out the 12 o'clock light position for yourself, since I made the switch I've never looked back, it lets you access your light the same way from either shoulder, and it's never obstructed by cover!

• 2 weeks later...

What are Krytac like exactly? I need an aeg as my ghk wasn't having any of the cold lady week at Apocalypse was going to go TM 416 but keep thinking a Krytac after hearing everyone talk about them.

When I was looking at getting a new airsoft rifle I wanted one that would last a few years so it needed to be well built. I ended up with two choices, the Krytac and TM Recoil.

I ended up buying a Krytac Warsport LVOA so thought I'd run through why I got it and not the TM.

My decision was based on a number of things.

Both are great out of the box. (I have fired both but not gamed with a TM.) They are accurate out to game ranges and both feel rugged and like they will last along while. The TMs fire at below 300 with the UK Krytacs firing around 310. Both have superb hop units.

However, the Krytac has a mosfet installed and I found the trigger quick and responsive. Yeah, I know you can fit a Spectre to the TM but its an additional expense (see my thoughts below) and they are difficult to get hold of.

The Krytac comes Lipo ready. The TM needed a wiring conversion. Another additional expense.

The TM has recoil and empty mag cutout. The Krytac doesn't.

The Krytac didn't need any specific mags. I have a ton of M4 mags and my daughter and gaming buddies all run standard M4 mags so I didn't need to buy anymore. The TM needed me to buy specific mags. I run with a minimum of 6 spare mags so that was an additional cost. I thought about buying a mag adapter for the TM but then the cut out doesn't work.

The Krytac is upgradeable with minimal fuss or cost. I'm looking at upgrading the spring to a M100 or M110. Its just the cost of a spring. The TM is a bit more indepth and you are likely to need new gears etc if you upgrade the spring. The Krytacs just had the spring and motor downgraded for the European market.

Lookwise the Krytac won purely on the fact I have always wanted a Warsport LVOA. It is an aquired taste. If you want a block I or II M4 look then the Krytac will cost additional expense.

In the end it came down to two guns with similar performance but one with recoil and empty mag cutout. But at a cost.

A basic loadout for me was

KRYTAC LVOA £350 odd pound. I already had batteries, mags and charger.

TM Recoil £440 odd pounds. Mags £120. Battery conversion. £20. Total £580.

The above doesn't take into account upgrades to bring the weapons up to 330-350 FPS. Krytac would be £10 for a spring. TM would be substantially more as I didn't feel comfortable stripping it down and replacing spring and gears and would have to send it to a tech.

So it boiled down to cost for me. Recoil and the mag cut out wasn't worth £230.

Like I said, they are both fantastic performers but I have no regrets buying the Krytac.

CBH

• Supporters

Krytac have set new standards in what £300+ guns SHOULD be like out of box

There are plenty of other guns out there you wonder where your extra money actually went

If you got the dosh - it will be a very worthy consideration and hence why they have gained recognition

They are very well assembled - brutally honest not 101% perfect but really bloody close for £300-£350

Mosfet, AoE, Spring change without opening box, bolt catch is nice, motor - not bad at all

but the stuff inside works very well and that on top of all the nice bits is what makes them stand out from so many other aeg's

Thanks for the help lads that's answered exactly what I needed to know. Think I'll go for a go for a Krytac then. Do they just take any M4 mag then? I'll need to buy mags and lipos but can put Elcan and torch from my M4 on it. Think a trip to Pro Airsoft Supplies will be needed on payday lol.

not all p-mags fit but with some modification they do. Worth going to pro airsoft supplies a lot of brilliant stuff and friendly staff.

Archived