Airsoft Forums UK

Selling live firing revolver to British citizen from abroad.

Materia

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have blackpowder working replica of Colt Navy 1851, with powder, caps, and bullets. Here where I live, you can own such weapon, you can buy it, and sell it. You do not need to register it anywhere, therefore noone knows how many of them are here, and who has one. Since the EU is open, pretty much everyone can come here, buy one, and get lost. I hardly doubt anyone would use them to commit a crime, since they have way to many drawbacks.

What if I wanted to sell it to some random British citizen? According to my country rules, that would be legit. Pretty easy to be done face to face, but I found out that UK citizens need Firearm Certificate [FAC] class 1 for such gun.

What if I sold it online? Everyone and everything gets checked at the border, therefore I assume it would not get through, the worst case scenario is the fact of the gun being retained.

I wonder if I was held liable if the person whom I sold the gun, commited a crime with it.

Gun would be seized by UKBA and the Police would be knocking on the door of the person trying to buy it. No doubt the UK authorities would inform you local authorities, but if its legal there you should be OK. The guy trying to import it however will be looking at a trip to court and potential prison sentence.

Long story short, DON’T DO IT!

• Supporters

nnngghhhehhhhhh, maybe not.

It's possible that it falls into the Sec.58 antiques category (obsolete calibre AND muzzle loading) If that's the case, it can be owned as a 'curiosity' and I'm sure I've seen people shooting similar firearms at the range I shoot at.

The thing I would suggest is this:

Someone MAY want it as a curiosity, If this is the case, there are plenty more available within the UK already, and I would question why he doesn't buy one locally. This seems dodgy.

Just sell it locally to yourself and don't risk any charges.

If its obsolete caliber it can be owned without a fac it would be the same as a deac as long as over 18 however dont do it tell him to look on english sites it will just get seized

If its a muzzle loader it isn’t an obsolete caliber. All it needs is a lead ball of approx diameter, some powder and a primer, all readily available. If you are serious about this your buyer needs to talk to a UK Dealer for advise, may be he’ll have to import it for you.

Mine is .44 separately chamber loaded, e.g. muskets are muzzle loaded, and they are legit here as well.

It looks like this:

Colt_Navy_Model_1851.JPG

The interior looks nearly as the one below.

bebenek-do-rewolweru-sta_13.jpg

Thanks for the replies, Ill keep it. I bought it years ago, did not shoot it even once, kept it hidden.

nnngghhhehhhhhh, maybe not.

It's possible that it falls into the Sec.58 antiques category (obsolete calibre AND muzzle loading) If that's the case, it can be owned as a 'curiosity' and I'm sure I've seen people shooting similar firearms at the range I shoot at.

The thing I would suggest is this:

Someone MAY want it as a curiosity, If this is the case, there are plenty more available within the UK already, and I would question why he doesn't buy one locally. This seems dodgy.

Just sell it locally to yourself and don't risk any charges.

He did say it was a reproduction, so not antique.

For the OP's information, that gun would need to be imported by a registered Firearms dealer and could only be legally owned or purchased by an individual if they had a section 1 Firearms certificate with a .44 calibre muzzle loading pistol specified on it.

They are very easy to buy in this country if you have the licence. I have a similar firearm which is a reproduction of a Rogers & Spencer .44 revolver which cost me less than £200.

The only reason a UK citizen would want to buy one of these from abroad is to use it illegally. Thank you for deciding not to sell it :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.