HPA Sniper conversion

HubicPair
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was getting curious about the possibilities of converting a Co2 sniper into a HPA, but having no prior knowledge on how to do this, i thought i would ask around here!

The sniper i would start with would be the Firepower SAR10, obviously i would sort out the insanely high FPS if this was possible. But the question is, How would i do it? Since i can't find anything online about it.

• Supporters

Question... in the US, how much would it cost to build a HPA'd bolt action? From the ground up, minus a scope, bipod, or any accessories?.

• Supporters

Get a VSR clone, then get a mancraft SDIK. Easy route to HPA

Hi

Having looked at your rifle, the Firepower SAR-10 is actually made by Swiss Arms which is a cheapo Airsoft company but occassionaly does ok products.

Nonetheless the UK Airsoft well of information that is ASPUK's website indicates that your rifle should be 100% TM VSR-10 compatible.

Now if you want to HPA or CO2 this bad boy then you need to look at the Mancraft SDiK kit as that is probably the most reliable HPA option around, Google Mancraft to get to their website.

If you need help on what to do see my video which is a review and installation of the Mancraft SDiK into a TM VSR-10 which several people from this website have used to make one, heck its even listed on Mancrafts Website as an installation guide:

I will add make sure you know whether you have the 45 or 90 (0) degree trigger first before ordering and when you order get spares too, also it takes about a week for it to arrive normally if everything is in stock.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Hopefully you are still on the forum.

I also have a Firepower SAR10 CO2 sniper and was interested in using the Mancraft SDik kit to convert to HPA (I already have a modified Tippmann M4 HPA rig). Is it possible to fit the kit into the CO2 bolt arrangement or do you need to start off with a spring rifle?

in addition what regulators are recommended (this would need to be fitted with a tournament lock for use in UK I presume)?

Thanks

• Root Admin

Start with a springer - which guns you can use is information that's out there if you do a quick Google. The Mancraft regulator is fine but frankly any will do - it's relatively low pressure and very low flow so an expensive Redline SFR (as an example) isn't necessary, but if you want to branch out into more regulated HPA later on then you may wish to buy something decent now that you can reuse later.

I'd use a tournament lock so that marshals can't accuse you of running a hot gun. Zip-tie it after it's crono'd for the first time and do it within sight of staff if you're concerned that they might have a problem with it. I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue with giving you a coloured tie (if it's a site that uses them).

Inexpensive regulator: Mancraft's own one

Expensive: Wolverine Storm on-tank (most compact, available, well documented, affordable and does the job for any gun short of the most needy LMGs like Daytona Gun)

Archived