Where to buy cheap & good Bbs?

Mortalg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've picked up a few biodegradable Bbs that a friend recommended and that's great but they wer not too cheap.

I'm running low and am doing more indoor CQB at the moment so wanted to get some really cheap Bbs (about 5,000-10,000 but I can see I'll be buying bigger and bigger quantities as I get more and more into this so want to get value.)

I've seen bulldog branded on Amazon that seem ok. I realise there are cheaper but have seen lots of advice about not using very cheap Bbs.

My question is how do you know what you are Not buying rubbish Bbs when looking for value for money? Any advice on where or what to buy? Any specific brands that are good etc.

Thanks

• Root Admin

'Cheap and good' - that's what literally everyone is after, heh.

Don't get cheap Bulldogs, they're utter shite. Take the advice - don't go too cheap when it comes to BBs or you'll do damage elsewhere. Look to spend around £2 per 1000 (for 0.2g) and no less or you're probably not getting anything any good, though I'd recommend spending more unless you're a high-cap hero. I know plenty would recommend ASG Blasters and G&G stuff - they're not expensive either. Nuprol can be a bit hit-and-miss as some people have received bad batches so I'd avoid despite the fact that they're very quick and easy to buy what with every retailer stocking them these days for some reason.

If you're indoor then don't bother with biodegradable unless your site requires you to as they are generally more money and pointless. Outdoor I'd be responsible and use them, but that's your choice (or the site's, as it may be). I'd recommend Green Devil or BioSphere.

• Supporters

One thing to consider is that guns can get on with different brands of BBs. I've always found ASG Blasters work well so I don't bother using anything else. I'd agree with what Proffrink said about Nuprols, even if they have sorted out the feeding issues with newer batches it's a risk as at least with the old ones they earned their bad reputation.

I use these as they are a good deal as it's five quid postage:

http://www.socomtactical.net/airsoft-accessories/ammo-and-gas/0-20g-airsoft-bbs/box-of-12-asg-blaster-020g-3000-bottle.html - 0.20g

or

http://www.socomtactical.net/airsoft-accessories/ammo-and-gas/0-25-airsoft-bbs/box-of-12-asg-blaster-025g-3000-bottle.html - 0.25g

I prefer using 0.25g BBs as they punch through foliage a bit better and tend to give you a bit more range and fly a bit straighter. It would be sensible to buy a bottle for 3000 first though as your gun may not get on with them and most skirmish sites and shops stock them.

If you want to buy in smaller quantities the 6000 BB bottles can be good value for money but you'd need to shop around to find somewhere with a good price that also doesn't sting you for postage.

• Supporters

BB weight and quality affects the gun's accuracy the most. No hopups, precision barrels, constant fps come close to how much the gun depends on the BB.

If you are after accuracy, get the good BBs.

However, as you said, you need it for CQB where accuracy is not really needed, so average quality and lesser weight BBs will do fine. I'm with Esoterick: 0.25 Blasters will do fine.

Thank you all for the feedback.

I think it was helpful, although I have a feeling I'm not good enough to tell if my Bbs don't fly straight yet. Just don't want to hurt my gun.

Not sure if that changes the advice but I shall stay clear of bulldog and go for the brands mentioned above :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.