How on God's earth do i remove my muzzle brake?

Bprezzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, (sorry if this is posted in the wrong section)

I have a Umarex G36C sportline. It came with a muzzle brake, as the vast majority of G36's do. (see attached image) I want to take this off to fit a suppressor, but I have absolutely no idea how to. I've tried unscrewing it, as this is surely the most logical way of fitting it, but with no results. If anybody knows how to do it, it would be great.

post-11925-0-91370300-1441741078_thumb.jpg

Some flash hiders have a tiny grub screw on them, I know M4 ones do. Or failing that it could be part of the barrel, but I'd be surprised if it was

Have you tried to unscrew it the other way? Its not a reverse thread is it? Could also need a bit of air from a hot air gun as some have a bit of glue/locktight on too.

Have you tried to unscrew it the other way? Its not a reverse thread is it? Could also need a bit of air from a hot air gun as some have a bit of glue/locktight on too.

I can't see a grub screw at all, and i cant even see a thread. Would a hair dryer work or is it not hot enough?

2KtRIAnl.jpg

See if your flash hider has one of those holes in it, if so, you'll probably need an allen key to undo it. This is a TM G36c so I assume most of the other G36c's should be very similar.

2KtRIAnl.jpg

See if your flash hider has one of those holes in it, if so, you'll probably need an allen key to undo it. This is a TM G36c so I assume most of the other G36c's should be very similar.

My JG one is exactly the same, grub screw and threaded on

It should go without saying but don't actually look down your barrel lol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.