SA80 blank firing attachment (bfa)

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Since getting my l85a2, I've been toying with idea of buying a bfa & adapting it to accept a slightly longer barrel

I'm planning on do a loadout from my army days & thought about the bfa

I'd love to see the look on people's faces when I get it out the gun bag & they see it on there

Ideas, thoughts and/or suggestions on the idea ??

That would be funny :)

Since getting your L85A2 all of about 2 hours ago when I dropped it off haha

I was thinking of putting the yellow paint on the mags aswell

How many people has anyone seen who actually have a bfa & banana mags attached ??

Cheers for that beastmode but yeah your right lol

• Supporters

It'll be a hell of a job to drill through the centre bolt. There's a reason those things are so hefty.

If you can find someone with a really good quality drill press and (presumably) some diamond tipped bits, then with enough time I'd imagine it's possible. My knowledge of machine work is absolutely minimal, but given the BFA can capture at least a couple of SS109 spec 556 bullets (I'm fairly sure we're still using those as standard, and they're really good at penetrating solid objects when fired out of an L85 barrel) it's gonna be a tricky task for sure. If you can find somewhere to do it they may charge a pretty penny, but I reckon it'd be unique. I've seen people with airsoft L85s who had BFAs and a blank mag or two inside their gun cases just for the cool look of it, but to my knowledge nobody has ever drilled one out to actually use it while shooting.

Ahhh see, that's already thought of

I've got a mate with a lathe who's going to knock up the barrel insert for me, he's going to make it out of alluminium so it's easy to machine the barrel section & cut a new thread

• Supporters

That's a better end solution, it'll cut a lot of weight from the very end of the gun as a bonus. Less likely to wear your outer barrel/muzzle device over time vs the standard steel part.

Exactly the reason for doing it that way

I've ordered the bfa & it has the small screw in barrel extention instead of the big dial in end so that makes it easier

The inner barrel extention will be drilled out to 7mm so it doesn't foul the bb when it exits

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.