450 fps revolver can i use it ?

Skinny flanker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a 450 fps revolver with a 6 round mag I have it and I feel it is a waste if i cant skirmish with it however would a Field skirmish site allow me to use it but go by the same rules a normal sniper would?

• Supporters

i hate to say it but you wouldnt have the range.

but fear not, there is 2 things you can do:-

1) use power down shells - these have some sort of insert that reduces the FPS of the bb (recomended)

2) if its CO2 cartridge type, use a refilable cartridge from airsoft world, then either use a co2 recharger with co2 cartriges to fill it, or fill it with green gas

Ye it is a Dan Wesson I will probably buy those lower fps shells but does anyone have any ideas on what I could use it for In a skirmish

Well, revolvers have never really been a practical option. Incredibly low ammo capacity, no hop up and shells. Just try and picture that vs a full auto G18C with an extended magazine. There isn't really much use for a revolver in a standard game, other than just for the fun of having one. It is a bit like having the RPG.

As for the FPS, I've got no idea.

Depends on the site, there is one site I know of in Scotland that allows pistols up to 450FPS but with a minimum engagement distance.

Some people like the challenge of being able to hit with a pistol at longer distances but TBH, especially with a revolver, I don't think it's going to be that much use to you.

The Dan Wesson power down shells drop the FPS to about 260, at least mine do. No, they are not really any good as other than a backup weapon if your AEG or GBB goes down, or maybe in a CQB room clearance drill, but they are big, heavy and a bit intimidating. Most CQB sites won't let you use auto inside anyway, so you are not that outclassed for range, as the DW bbs will go more than far enough even at 260 FPS. That said, I still prefer my TM G17 for CQB backup.

If you want a more skirmishable revolver the new Dan Wessons will have hop up, not sure when they're being released and they'll still be pretty impractical due to 6 shots etc...but at least it'll be more accurate!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.