Fog + full sealed goggles

neon_reaper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm sure this must have been asked lots of times before but i can't find any threads about (could be looking in the wrong place, a link to a similar thread would be appreciated) but is fogging an issue with fully sealed goggles? I'm planning to wear fully sealed goggles like these:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/protective-glasses-masks/wide-view-tactical-goggle-x-eye-olive-hakkotsu?from=listing&campaign-id=19

with a lower face mesh mask to start with. But i was wondering if the goggles fogging would be an issue: would it be better for me to go for a higher end dual-pane/thermal set, or would i be fine to use ones liked those linked?

Any help appreciated

• Supporters

I'm sure this must have been asked lots of times before but i can't find any threads about (could be looking in the wrong place, a link to a similar thread would be appreciated) but is fogging an issue with fully sealed goggles? I'm planning to wear fully sealed goggles like these:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/protective-glasses-masks/wide-view-tactical-goggle-x-eye-olive-hakkotsu?from=listing&campaign-id=19

with a lower face mesh mask to start with. But i was wondering if the goggles fogging would be an issue: would it be better for me to go for a higher end dual-pane/thermal set, or would i be fine to use ones liked those linked?

Any help appreciated

Did you see the warning on them?

"WARNING! PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE DURING tactical games / WAR / ASG. "

So yeah...don't buy them.

• Supporters

Don't buy the ones you've linked as they aren't rated and say they aren't for use in airsoft games in the description. The information in the description is pretty contradictory though but that just means steer clear as it's absolutely not worth the risk

Whatever you buy make sure it's EN166/ANSI Z87 rated.

ESS Turbofan goggles are going to be the best bet for not fogging but they are pretty expensive. Fogging is an issue, the problem is it varies per person so it's hard to say how it will effect you.

I use ESS V12s, which are glasses size but still full seal. They fog occasionally for me, some people find they fog so badly they are unsuable. They can be picked up for around £20-25 on Ebay.

Yeah i probably shouldn't have linked those, i just meant the design of the goggles not the actual product because like you both said, wearing them would be an extremely bad idea at best (right now I'm too lazy to find a legitimate pair). And thanks for the help, ill look at both of the goggles you mentioned. I don't mind wearing glasses a huge amount but i just wouldn't want them falling off my face and would feel better having complete eye coverage, because i don't really want to trade my eye safety for non-foggyness but saying that, lots of people wear glasses and seem to be fine.

I just bought a pair of oakley M frames with the helo kit because you get the freedom of glasses but the helo kit gives you the full seal and absolutely no fogging, only downside is the price really

I'll probably end up getting a stripped down paintball mask then, something like the JT Proflex with just the frame and the dual-pane/thermal lens which shouldn't be too hard to come across on a paintball forum. Has anyone got any warnings before i do this? And thanks for the replies guys

• Root Admin

I just bought a pair of oakley M frames with the helo kit because you get the freedom of glasses but the helo kit gives you the full seal and absolutely no fogging, only downside is the price really

How did you come to the conclusion that those won't fog? They still create a seal around your eyes and therefore you'll still get condensation issues that come with anything trapping air around your skin.

A decent anti-fog solution and semi-regular application or thermal lenses is really the only cure, and the HELO kit unfortunately isn't known for having the best anti-fog coating.

How did you come to the conclusion that those won't fog? They still create a seal around your eyes and therefore you'll still get condensation issues that come with anything trapping air around your skin.

A decent anti-fog solution and semi-regular application or thermal lenses is really the only cure, and the HELO kit unfortunately isn't known for having the best anti-fog coating.

well when I went for my run today I wore them to see what sort of performance I got and they were absolutely fantastic, not a single problem the whole time I was out, which is where I came to the no fog conclusion but it might be different in game so we shall have to wait and see how they hold up

I bet you took them off when you finished the run? To test them properly, go for a run and then wear the goggles for another 30 mins of so, whilst sitting watching TV.

I did indeed, I'll do that on tomorrows run and see what happens, before I quit airsoft I just used some bolle safety glasses which were fine but didn't have the full seal so I thought this time I'll go for the oakley's and so far so good

The problem I find with goggles is when there's no airflow. You're in woodland running around, wind has died down, and now you're hiding behind a tree. Give it a couple of minutes and they'll steam right up.

Tempted to get turbofan's but they're bloody expensive..

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.