Worth upgrading hop up

squit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi this might be a silly question but I recently purchased a g&g 30th aniversary CM and was thinking of upgrading the hop up to either flat hop or r hop, at the moment the range is pretty good anyway just looking for a little extra. With the standard hop I can turn the hop up and a 0.25g bb will curve up. Does this mean that the hop up is doing a good enough job anyway and swapping it over to r hop won't make any difference. Or do I need to use heavier bb's and if the hop up can't cope upgrade then.

You kinda answered your own question when you said it's range is pretty good anyway. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you want the faff then go for it, hop up parts aren't that expensive, if you're just buying a good bucking and nub (ie flat hopping for example) you won't spend more than 20 quid, it cost me that much for a prommy purple bucking and maple leaf (nearly) flat nub for my g5

• Supporters

If you want to upgrade your hop then as the other person says, go for it but again if it ain't broke dont fix it. My G&G HK416 is still pretty much stock and shoots well though i too have been considering changing the hop.

If you do i would say that a flat hop will be much better than R hop. whilst R hoop will give a better range the time and effort it takes to fit is a butt whilst a flat hop can be done easily. Heres a youtube video on how to do it:

• 1 month later...

If you are going to flat hop or even change your hop unit I would get a CNC pro win I brought one for more my G&P M416 and it extends my range and accuracy so much that I'm out ranging most people on the field. I can lift .30s but I haven't tried anything higher

Recommend flat hop. R hop is a pain in the ass to get right. Probably while you're at it you should get a prowin hop unit. The g&g green bucking works quite well with flat hop. Just be careful not to rip the bucking when you sand the nub off the inside off the bucking. (use fine sand paper).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.