G&G L85A2 Top Rail

Avionyx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Recently got a great G&G L85A2 which I would like to add a genuine EOTech 552 sight to.

The sight has been modified to take a 20mm rail rather than the 25mm that is standard.

Obviously the G&G rail on this gun is a 19.5mm so it's not secure, especially being the longer model sight. I've ready on forums of people modifying the sight with Shim's to get an extra .25mm on each which is a possibility but as it's already a few hundred quid worth of sight modified I really don't want to restrict it's use to only the 19.5mm rail.

Has anyone had any success modifying the rail directly to get a 20mm holo sight in there?

The other option is to buy a cheaper 552 replica and modify that if the rail really isn't an option.

Many thanks in advance, all help appreciated!

Alex

Sorry if I worded it badly.

My Original EOTech is set up for a 25mm rail, however has been converted to 20mm for airsoft use.

The 19.5mm Rail on my G&G L85A2 is therefore not quite wide enough to get a good fit and I was wondering if anyone had modified the rail to get a secure fit with a 20mm accessory, rather than me further modifying a EOTech sight that has already been heavily modified to bring it down from 25mm to 20mm

That ANT Supplies one looks like it may do the job nicely though! Think I'll give them a call - thanks for the tip.

Alex

Without butchering the rail, you will need an adaptor, as the rail on the sa80 isn't a regular picatinny rail, it's a dovetail. The two simply aren't compatible

How about going to your local rc hobby shop & get a sheet of 1mm plasicard (plastic card that's A4 size) just to help pack or whatever it is you need

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.