Shotgun Loadout/Kit

Antt570

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good morning fellow airsofters..

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm currently looking to roll out a Shotgun loadout but was hoping to get some ideas from you guys!

I'm looking around on the net to buy a Franchi ASG SAS 12 3-Burst in the next couple of days.. I'm after a new rig or waistbag/belt. I'm going to be using the Franchi as my primary so the rig will only be carrying shells and a first aid kit.

Can anyone shed some light on their kit ideas or loadout when they are using their shotgun?

Regards,

A molle battle belt Will work, you can put shell pouches on it, they come in various styles & hold about 6 shells (the shells I have hold 30 rnds in each) so about 12 shells should be ok

I advise getting a pistol & a few spare mags plus pistol mag pouches so you have a back up

Or just buy a shotgun belt for around £10-£15.

I run one for my shotgun (both CQB and woodland). Since it holds 24 shells I'm never out of the fight and rarely have to go back to the respawn to bomb up - even between games. As the loadout is very lightweight I retain my mobility and can sprint around the site to get the drop on the other team. A lot of fun to play.

For a real challenge ditch the sidearm and run purely the trishot. Your arms will hate you for it but it forces you to count shots and judge when to reload tactically more than you would with any other weapon. I've done this a few times and really enjoyed it.

Or just buy a shotgun belt for around £10-£15.

I run one for my shotgun (both CQB and woodland). Since it holds 24 shells I'm never out of the fight and rarely have to go back to the respawn to bomb up - even between games. As the loadout is very lightweight I retain my mobility and can sprint around the site to get the drop on the other team. A lot of fun to play.

For a real challenge ditch the sidearm and run purely the trishot. Your arms will hate you for it but it forces you to count shots and judge when to reload tactically more than you would with any other weapon. I've done this a few times and really enjoyed it.

Awesome, do you have a link for the one you have?

Do you carry anything else other than the belt? Pryo etc?

...basically what is your loadout? ;)

The hoops are brilliant for holding disposable pyro providing you make sure they're tight enough for the style you use. Here's the belt I have:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/360557517798?nav=SEARCH

With this I run a small dump pouch, rubber knife, 20 shells or so and my CZ75 in a fobus holster. The spare mag for my pistol lives in the dump pouch with my TRMR when I run it.

This is minimalist loadout for running a shotgun - no fancy plate carriers, hydration packs, etc. Speed and aggression are key to using a shotgun since you're vastly outgunned most of the time unless your opponent is running a spring weapon as well. I'm tempted to update my plate carrier with more shotgun shell holders for woodland games where the extra protection from sniper shots/full auto is appreciated :D

The hoops are brilliant for holding disposable pyro providing you make sure they're tight enough for the style you use. Here's the belt I have:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/360557517798?nav=SEARCH

With this I run a small dump pouch, rubber knife, 20 shells or so and my CZ75 in a fobus holster. The spare mag for my pistol lives in the dump pouch with my TRMR when I run it.

This is minimalist loadout for running a shotgun - no fancy plate carriers, hydration packs, etc. Speed and aggression are key to using a shotgun since you're vastly outgunned most of the time unless your opponent is running a spring weapon as well. I'm tempted to update my plate carrier with more shotgun shell holders for woodland games where the extra protection from sniper shots/full auto is appreciated :D

Dude that's fantastic information, thank you!

I've just figured out a problem for me though, where the hell am I going to attach a radio?! :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.