25 kg sacks of bbs

Dannn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hows that work then?

Well when i'm using a 11.1 LiPo, I can't actually use auto otherwise i'll shred the piston :P (Yes i know that I can POE and replace it).

In seriousness however, I pull the trigger faster than the motor cycles on auto with a 7.4.

No idea why, but I actually just prefer Semi to any other. Thinking of getting a MOSFET with a FCU in it for a 3 round burst.

I go through no more than 300-400 rounds a day because I rarely use full auto. Helps me in the long run since a 1000 round bottle will easily last me two to three games. If I'm sniping the number of rounds used is even lower than that.

Like others have said, that's a pretty ridiculous number of rounds used in a day. You really need to work on sorting your gun/aim out.

6000 rnds in one game ?? never heard anyone go through that many

You must be munching through batteries aswell & constantly going through full auto

I probably used half that in my very first game & sounds like your maybe just starting out or the excitement/adrenaline is still prevelsnt

Change your play style, use semi auto, sneak around & shoot what you can hit

Well when i'm using a 11.1 LiPo, I can't actually use auto otherwise i'll shred the piston :P (Yes i know that I can POE and replace it).

In seriousness however, I pull the trigger faster than the motor cycles on auto with a 7.4.

No idea why, but I actually just prefer Semi to any other. Thinking of getting a MOSFET with a FCU in it for a 3 round burst.

Pardon my ignorance but surely;

When you pull the trigger, it releases current to the motor, a short burst on semi. On full auto it opens the taps and keeps them open until you release the trigger. If you're pulling the trigger rapidly enough then the gap between juice being allowed through will be short, perhaps short enough to make it as fast as full auto. However surely continual current has to be faster, as fast as the motor and gears will turn? After a few seconds of full-auto the rof drops due to amount of power getting through dropping, but that can't be an issue with 11v? Is it a case of too much juice going through so the gun cycles better with you putting a a gap in the current?

6000bbs is damn impressive, must not have moved from that tree outside your spawn for the whole day hehe. I've got high-cycle guns and the most I've managed to spam is about 2k. Not looking down on it or anything, is genuinely impressive dedication to full-auto :) I would agree with the majority that the cheapest option is to use 20% of the shots and move around more.

I was giving covering fire lots and just being daft on fully auto, as it seems some people need a full mag in their back before calling haha! seeing how much punishment the lipo can take too

Time before last was 1000 max, sometimes it's fun being silly

Pardon my ignorance but surely;

When you pull the trigger, it releases current to the motor, a short burst on semi. On full auto it opens the taps and keeps them open until you release the trigger. If you're pulling the trigger rapidly enough then the gap between juice being allowed through will be short, perhaps short enough to make it as fast as full auto. However surely continual current has to be faster, as fast as the motor and gears will turn? After a few seconds of full-auto the rof drops due to amount of power getting through dropping, but that can't be an issue with 11v? Is it a case of too much juice going through so the gun cycles better with you putting a a gap in the current?

Please bear in mind I said it cannot use full auto on 11.1, because of the way my gearbox is setup.

But in the case of better cycles, with the MOSFET the only power that goes through when the cycle is complete is that which is required.

Turning it to full auto effectively fills a capacitor in the FET which then turns the motor. You then get to a point where a cycle is only as quick as the discharge of the capacitor. Which is where the ROF drops / becomes a standard rate. This happens with all MOSFETS afaik, but the reason is simply that the way you wire a Fet in, reduces the chance of burning out the contacts for the trigger.

Now i'm not entirely sure if creating a contact myself that quickly is more damaging, but i've found that mine works better when I cleanly cycle it (Through Semi)

• Supporters

Please bear in mind I said it cannot use full auto on 11.1, because of the way my gearbox is setup.

But in the case of better cycles, with the MOSFET the only power that goes through when the cycle is complete is that which is required.

Turning it to full auto effectively fills a capacitor in the FET which then turns the motor. You then get to a point where a cycle is only as quick as the discharge of the capacitor. Which is where the ROF drops / becomes a standard rate. This happens with all MOSFETS afaik, but the reason is simply that the way you wire a Fet in, reduces the chance of burning out the contacts for the trigger.

Now i'm not entirely sure if creating a contact myself that quickly is more damaging, but i've found that mine works better when I cleanly cycle it (Through Semi)

Any decent gun will fire between 17 and 25rnds a second on average dont see how your pulling the trigger quicker than that. I know I cant get close to full auto rof even with a mosfet and an upgraded gearbox and I know because I have tried using a chrono. Fast yes full auto fast not so sure would have to see it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.