torches

bruceball1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right people nice easy question. I need a torch that can light up a decent sized pitch black room. And I don't wana spend too much money. What should I but and where from

I have an Element PEQ16, it's about 40 quid, but has red laser, torch, low level illuminator (faint blue torch so you can see shiz and not give yourself away) and comes with a pressure pad.

Got mine on e-bay and has been good to me (looks sweet too)

Any torch with 200 lumens is ok, 250 is pretty bright, and 300 plus is for the ludicrous or for signalling to spacecraft on orbit.

I have a little 5.11 pocket torch with about 200 lumens which I use with my sidearm or when I've dropped something in the dark, and a knock off sure fire clone which seems around 250 lumens and I think it's just right

I was in a rush one afternoon and needed a torch for an indoor game in the pich black so popped into Wilkos to get one of those cheap rubber £3 jobbies. While there I found this:

http://www.wilko.com/bike-parts+accessories/wilko-bike-light-front-cree-led-high-intensity-black/invt/0342373

0342373_l.jpg

The torch is metal with a three mode click (and momentary) switch base cap, bright, less bright and strobe, takes x3AAA batteries. Its amazingly bright! in comparison to my Surefire clone its a much better light source, a bit bigger and batteries don't last as long but are cheaper to replace.

In all honesty for the price, the availability on the highstreet and its output this is the only airsoft torch I would buy again, it really is that good.

I cable tied it onto my rail the first time, some players tape them on, now I have it mounted to one of these on my shotty.

Ultrafire torches with a Cree Q3 LED. Best torch I've ever had, found it in a pile of kit I was given a few years ago. I believe they go for £3 or so on Ebay and there are more powerful versions of it around for a little more.

I was in a rush one afternoon and needed a torch for an indoor game in the pich black so popped into Wilkos to get one of those cheap rubber £3 jobbies. While there I found this:

http://www.wilko.com/bike-parts+accessories/wilko-bike-light-front-cree-led-high-intensity-black/invt/0342373

0342373_l.jpg

The torch is metal with a three mode click (and momentary) switch base cap, bright, less bright and strobe, takes x3AAA batteries. Its amazingly bright! in comparison to my Surefire clone its a much better light source, a bit bigger and batteries don't last as long but are cheaper to replace.

In all honesty for the price, the availability on the highstreet and its output this is the only airsoft torch I would buy again, it really is that good.

I cable tied it onto my rail the first time, some players tape them on, now I have it mounted to one of these on my shotty.

Clearly it isn't always a case of "you get what you pay for", sometimes the cheap stuff works best and other times the expensive stuff is crap... Kind of justifies my wardrobe ( cough* primark)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.