Component shop

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently bought an 11.1v lipo battery and charger from component shop. After trying the battery in my gun I soon realised I needed to change it to a 7.4v. I phoned them up and explained this and they said it's fine just send the battery back and they will do a straight swap with a 7.4v. Easy enough.

Today I've come home from to find a package in the post. Open it to see the invoice from component shop showing a 7.4v lipo and the price break down - £16ish, about the same as the 11.1v I think. I opened the container for the battery to find another 11.1v battery. Worst of all one of the cells is puffed up.

I've sent them pictures tonight and explaining what's happened but it means me posting this battery back for a refund. I take full responsibility for the first time I sent it back but surely I shouldn't have to pay post for this? Last time it cost me just under £5.

I'll wait for their reply keep this updated.

One dead cell in a 11.1 gives you the 7.4 you wanted. :)

sry

Could also mean I have a disaster waiting to happen!

My new 7.4V arrived this morning with a freepost to send the old battery back. As someone said, It feels wrong sending it back as what if this thing ignites in the back of a lorry en route? It smells toxic.

• Supporters

Well if you have spoke to them and they have arranged the shipping it is down to them

(personally if it was that boned and dangerous I would of said keep that mofo battery or send it to Syria or something)

Like many things though it isn't probably THAT dangerous in its current state

it is when you try to use it or charge it - then it becomes a hazard

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.