New Guy From Essex

Klone

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

had my first experience of Airsoft yesterday, absolutely loved it! Even with a few issues with the renter M4/mags it wa still a brilliant day.

Onto the nitty gritty though, im after some advice.

When it comes to a gun, i was looking for a SCAR as i personally like the look of them. The issue is after about a week of looking around. It seems that according to the world wide web, the quality of the scars on the market are a bit off?

Ive looked at the VFC, G+G and another one that was the officially licenced one, forget the make and im now more confused than ever! Another issue i found with the SCAR is the cost. For a first time gun, is a SCAR perhaps a little on the expensive side? My brother is looking at a G36C and they seem a bit cheaper for reasonable quality/reliability.

In terms of getting off the ground, I am likely to get a gun, some extra mags, better batteries and a charger first then move onto modding the gun.

Any advice would be ace!

I dont think any of the cheaper manufacturers make a SCAR, so yes they probably are more mid to high end.

I personally like the SCAR too and have the G&G one.

First guns are very much down to personal taste and you are quite likely to change your mind after a few games.

Thanks for the replies guys. I got the feeling the scar was the med to high range. My only concern is that I'm fickle and might not like the bloody thing after spending money on it! Haha.

Also, received a ukara number via email today does that mean I'm good to go?

One game and you have Ukara defence.

How did you manage that its meant to be 3 games in no less than 2 months.

Mores the point, where, we can all rush off there and get registered before they get kicked off the register... oh wait that wouldn't help us.

• Supporters

ukara or membership number ???

often the two are linked/same but if they issued you with that number is one thing

but they may have not entered that into the database until you completed the req 2 months min.....

to do that involves a ukara retailer to enter it with a nod/backing from an insured & recognised site

if you are on the database already - then the site are c*nts and so is the retailer in a way

think the form has all your info and date started along with checking photo id address etc....

I would like to think you may have been issued a membership number from site but should not have been entered yet onto database

oh dear, maybe i shouldnt have said anything, doesnt seem good does it. I dont intend on doing anything until i have been the three times, just thought it was odd to have an email witha ukara number and i also appear on the database when i selfcheck. hmm!

Im still more confused than ever about the scar... seems the 'better' scars are gas, which would breach the fps limit at most sites wont it?

*edit*

Found this:

https://jdairsoft.net/we-mcr-l-black

What do people think of that, and if its okay what mods would i need to bring it up to 340 fps and will it be reliable at that fps? happy to move any discussions to PM if its easier!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.