Newbie from Ipswich

AdrianP

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Total newbie here from Ipswich,

I blame Adam (Kerby91) for peeking my interest in this, after mentioning it recently when we were talking.

Hopefully I'll be able to get along to a game some time soon, even if it's just to give him something slower to aim it... lol

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions but currently spending most of the time reading others posts which are covering quite a lot so far

1st question really would be what sort of goggles do people reccomend since I permanantly wear glasses and am pretty useless without them at any distance further than a couple of feet... (I guess I could always just aim at blurry things and hope for the best... lol)

Adrian.

• Supporters

Welcome. If you feel like throwing money at the problem, then get some prescription lenses that cover your eyes completely. Eye pro is one thing you can always justify spending cash on. Or, you could get a larger face ask and wear it over your glasses. Or you can wear contacts like I do, but I understand that a lot of people don't like them.

Welcome!

Unfortunately there aren't really any good options for eye pro if you wear glasses. I only know Bolle PILOT (PILOPSI) goggles fit over glasses but they are designed for safety and are bright orange inside. Looks a bit shit but nothing else would work for my dad.

• Supporters

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Just looking through ebay and found this one, description does say can be worn with glasses so maybe an option to at least consider

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201336098687

Adrian

Delta Force paintball uses those (well, a slightly different one), and they work well enough. Again, I can almost promise you that both your glasses and any closed mask will fog up pretty quickly. So if you do go that route look into anti-fog products; I use baby shampoo in my diving masks to keep them clear.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.