Need help finding a ris free float rail that'll my my GR16

Aengus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was looking to see if anyone on here could tell me the length I'd need for a free float ris or tell me how to find out (It has a 363mm inner barrel if that helps).

Gun: (G&G GR16 Carbine)

igumvot.jpg

Srs6TNH.jpg

Sorry for blurry images and sorry if this is a repeatb thread but i tried searching to no avail

Cheers,

Aengus

• Supporters

Measured the current handguard and it's 7 inches from absolute top to bottom so is that the size I'd need ?

Yup.

• Supporters

The bigger issue is how that delta nut goes on. Is it threaded? ie does it have a "star" shaped centre nut that can be unscrewed? If not you may not be able to get a free float rail that will go on.

As the man above says check out what's underneath that delta-ring. I've got a whole bunch of 7" free-float rails left that I'd like to see gone, I'm sure I can sort you out with a forum discount. However they are all black, you may be looking for tan?

I fitted my old 7" rail to my sons cm16 but had to modify the outer barrel slightly to make it all fit

If your receiver has a threaded ring where the barrel comes out under the delta ring, you can get free float ris that screws onto it then the rail screw's onto the adapter

I've got a 10" free float on my m4 to hide where I cut the fore sight off

• Supporters

You can fit any length Free Float you like, unless you are keeping the triangle frontsight.

Pretty sure that gun has a moulded on front sight, doesn't it?

Don't know, most have them just pinned on. or perhaps a small run screw from the bottom. IIRC these also have multi piece barrels so perhaps kill to birds with one stone by adding a regular one piece barrel as well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.