Optics

robar14

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I am hoping to invest in some sort of optic (eg a red dot), but I am a bit confused concerning what I should buy (I am a "noob").

I have a g&g cm16.

I have budget of up to £60.

I will usually be playing at a cqb site.

Any advice on suggested types/models would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Ronan.

• Supporters

Pretty much anything for that money will be a chinese clone so just a case of getting one you like the look of and hoping it won't be a lemon really.

Avoid G&P aimpoints though, they're a joke.

• Supporters

Saying that at £60, G&P EOTech clones are pretty good for a clone of the real thing (If you are after an EOTech sight G&P and Hurricane are said to be the best clones)

The reticule is bright as you would want it and you can step it down, there is no distortion or parallax and its solidly built, the front lens was the only issue as it was slightly tinted in order to get the reticule to reflect off of it.

The sight picture is quite large and you are suppose to aim with both eyes with it and EOTech sights are mostly for CQB type jobbies.

I was quite please with my G&P EOTEch 551 sights until i got a real EOTech 552 sight, i tell you what nothing beats the real thing but it was vastly more expensive.

• Supporters

Saying that at £60, G&P EOTech clones are pretty good for a clone of the real thing (If you are after an EOTech sight G&P and Hurricane are said to be the best clones)

The reticule is bright as you would want it and you can step it down, there is no distortion or parallax and its solidly built, the front lens was the only issue as it was slightly tinted in order to get the reticule to reflect off of it.

The sight picture is quite large and you are suppose to aim with both eyes with it and EOTech sights are mostly for CQB type jobbies.

I was quite please with my G&P EOTEch 551 sights until i got a real EOTech 552 sight, i tell you what nothing beats the real thing but it was vastly more expensive.

You also have a real 552? Nice!

G&P AimPoints are not a joke. I have 2, both function perfectly after fairly hard use- one of which i've had for 3 years. You must've had a lemon, M_P.

• Supporters

G&P AimPoints are not a joke. I have 2, both function perfectly after fairly hard use- one of which i've had for 3 years. You must've had a lemon, M_P.

I've had 3 each bought at least a year apart so can't have been from the same batch and all have been beyond temperamental. Of all the optics I've owned, which is a fair few now, they're by far the worst- the other G&p stuff is alright but they're all basically rebranded China clones anway

I know Sam_G had one that was fairly terrible as well as a few other friends and players. As I say, I've seen a few good but they're outnumbered greatly by the bad, but then you get what you pay for, even more so with these kind of things so cheap optics are always going to be 50/50 or worse anyway.

In my opinion and experience my original comment is justified.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.