Plate Carrier or Mags?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. I picked up my first gun a couple weeks ago and I'm a bit stuck. I need more mags but I also need a plate carrier. I only have enough money to buy one of them. I've tried putting a mag in my combat trouser pockets but the mag is too big. Any ideas on what to do?

Mags should come before a plate carrier. Decent quality assault vests and chest rigs can be much cheaper than decent quality plate carriers, the only plate carriers which are worth getting are over £100, such as Warrior Assault Systems kit.

Try ebay for mags and tacticalgeartrade for a plate carrier.

Okay cool. I'm assuming that mags work with guns from other brands. Would I be correct to say that?

Most do. Some guns can be picky about mag compatibility, sometime's it's just down to trial and error when you're buying mags.

• Supporters
  • Supporters

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-magazines-c3/high-capacity-c51/dytac-300rds-bravo-magazine-for-m4-aeg-black-box-of-10-p3058

I know I keep banging on about these but metal hi-cap mags for just over a fiver each

get a m8 to go halves or sell 5 of them

they do sell 5 in a set

but 5 for £43 or 10 for £51 - you do the maths

(postage is about £6 to include in total price but still a great buy)

I have bought various cheapo basic mags - even 500 rnd ones from china & poland

and they were crap or not very good needing to be wound for ages for just 6 to 10 shots then wind like f*ck again

Those ones feed very well - lets say I have bought more than one box

when those last 2 boxes of ten go - they took around 4 or 5 months to get them back in

IMHO these are the ones to get for hi-caps and the ASG mid-caps seem to be the mid-caps to get

If you want a tacical vest got to amazon they sell vests for £40 that's where I got my one from

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.