help needed

Robbi3b

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I have a second hand m4 unsure of the make, the previous owner was kind enough to damage the outer barrel (see pictures) is there any hope for it or do I need a new one, if a new one is needed how do i go about sorting out a new one many thanks

post-10698-0-95045600-1428213423_thumb.jpg

Typical Chinese metal thread, looking at your picture I doubt it would re cut sufficiently and the die you need is 14mm negative x 1 which are fairly expensive, cheaper and easier to pick up another outer barrel

• Supporters

They are quite cheap from china - yeah must be ultra high quality

look on fleabay for "14mm die left" - it should be 1mm pitch

However though 14mm ccw is the norm there are still the odd one

Army R85 a clone of G&G's L85 has a normal clockwise thread

to be honest you might be better off just glue something on there for now

some cheapo plastic flash or a bit of black pipe/tube

M4a1 will need the front sight pins knocked out and some hand guard sizes vary to

not all have true exact 7 inch hand guards so more modification could be needed

even if you buy a complete outer barrel - try to make sure it is from same make/model to be sure

TM compatible can translate to "kind of" TM compatible

if the gun is a decent make you could look at it as an ideal time to change front end to a rail system

but if a M4a1 with battery up front then peq or rewire for rear battery may be needed

If it was a £100 or so gun I think I'd just see if I could glue on with epoxy/araldite something to tidy it up

and see how it goes for now whilst I rethink my options

plenty of crappy cheapo guns have just glued on flash hiders - so you could throw something together

maybe make something like a bespoke silencer at the end - soz not very good at Blue Peter & washing up bottle top stuff

if it is a more higher end gun then have a think about how far you want to go

but could still plop something on there for now - it don't do much anyway

(looks mainly and maybe produces a slightly different sound)

hard to tell but guessing a m4a1 with a 275-300mm inner barrel as the end and front sight is close together

so if that is about correct you don't really want a longer 363 m4a1 outer barrel

• Supporters

What gun is it ???

hard to tell coz thread is chewed up but it "could" be clockwise on there

try to stare and watch how the spiral thread climbs - so to speak

but I'd be f*cked if I can clearly see it is so mashed up

try wrapping a bit of plumbing ptfe tape round threads and it might bite

but any flash will be bollox'd that you put on there in the end

but the tape & bit of glue could help it stay put

see you got some kind of RIS so you probably rear wired

It's an m4, Yeah rear wired, don't know the make of it the flash hider does fit and grip on to what's left of the threads imo that's probably what fucked it up on the first place I believe it might be cw thread

• Supporters

coz it is hard to tell if ccw or cw and it looks nigh on boned

I'd glue/tape wedge on what ya can for now and just go with it

keep your eyes open but we dunno the exact make or high quality it is

by that I mean it could be say a modest gun and if so it might not be worth going too mad on time/money

you could replace outer barrel but think oh I will put on another longer RIS - before you know where you are

you may as well perhaps bought another RIS type M4 and kept this as backup/spare or sell it

(declaring the moody flash of course if you have integrity)

see how it goes, keep eye out for something cheap front end and kind of live with it is my gut feeling

Take a picture of the whole rifle & any markings aswell as that may help

Have you split the upper & lower body by pushing the pins out ?? If it has a split gearbox (all the gears in the bottom) that could narrow it down to an ICS M4 BUT if you have to pull the lower body back then it could narrow it down to G&G, G&P or TM (Tokyo marui) etc

Sometimes the overlooked will give it away

I'm guessing its a CM16 ?? Or an ICS ??

Them threads is well fooked :) lol

Problem with re-cutting them (besides not enough material) is they'll be to small for a new flash hider

• Supporters

Guessing it is maybe an ASG Armalite but seems like a few other bits or upgrades added at some point

Anyway looks all metal and not a JBBG - bit battleworn but if she shoots ok then that is what matters

1 careful owner (plus 3 other very bad owners too)

glue it on, maybe look out for a 10 or 11 inch outer barrel, flash/suppressor & add front flip sight etc....

just glue it on and see what good little deals you can find

EDIT - nope not ASG

hard to figure out but gonna go with ARES

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1845-elite-force-ares-airsoft-m4-cqb-aeg-rifle-full-metal-rail-system.aspx

similar perhaps ????

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.